Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to upgrade stock exhaust. Want a nice "sport" sound. Would like to not break the bank (<500). What are some decent brands with a nice sound to them?

FYI: 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL

·
Registered
993 Posts
I went with DC Sports full cat-back. I wanted a nice sound and power gain. All other exhaust system (Nismo, Stillen, can't remeber the last one) are axle-backs. They just replace the mail-box, and tip at the back of the car.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
The DC is kind of loud, I dont think it sounds "sporty" at all. I would go with the Stillen. I had the Stillen before the DC and you will get that sporty sound from the Stillen. Its slightly louder than stock with nice purr.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The DC is kind of loud, I dont think it sounds "sporty" at all. I would go with the Stillen. I had the Stillen before the DC and you will get that sporty sound from the Stillen. Its slightly louder than stock with nice purr.
I love my Stillen axle-back right now. It's the perfect amount of purr. After a lil more motor work I will want more exhaust, but I will decide how to do that later. Both look great but I bet the DC provides a few more HP than the axle-back. Plus the axle-back was simple to install :thumb2:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
if permissible, delete muffler! see sig

·
Registered
993 Posts
You can put any exhaust for the versa on you sedan, the back of your sticks out more than the HB so you don't see the exhaust as much.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
The axle back is not hard to install, but the cat-back you really want on a lift. It's not easy getting under the car and get leverage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts