Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today I rolled the Versa :/ Luckily everyone is safe, but the car is hurtin...

close up:

car still runs, but it looks like the torsion beam (connects the rear wheels) is bent. I don't know if its just gonna be totaled or not, so we'll see. Basically what happened is when we hit the off ramp there was a small amount of sand/gravel and it caused the car to start skidding. we took out a couolke signs and then were forced onto the grass where the car rolled up onto its side. BTW, I have the extra airbags and none of them deployed.. NOt when we hit the signs, and not when we rolled. Luckily the car was solid enough not to cave when it rolled. I'll keep you guys informed.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
that sucks man and I cant belive none of the airbags went off sounds like a talk with nissan may be needed but good luck hopefully if they total it they will do right by you or they will fix it ether way good luck man.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Oh damn! Glad everyone's good man. That does suck. Maybe since the airbags didn't deploy Nissan could get sued?... Idk anything about Law or car safety regarding deployment of airbags but that definitely sounds like a major issue if you got your car to roll
Also hope car isn't totaled.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll see what happens if they total it. I love the V, but idk if I'll be able to afford another new car. I still owe a lot of money on my versa and it really is only worth about what I owe, so chances are I'm gonna get stuck with a bill, and I really don't have much money saved up to put towards a down payment (I just paid my school bills for this semester out-of-pocket). I might end up having to sell the RX, scrap the versa, and buy a beater to get me through school.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be stripping parts off the car over the next couple days, so if it ends up being totaled, I will be able to recover some of the costs. Any requests? haha

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
:( Sorry to hear man. Really glad you and everyone else is ok though. Hope the versa is repairable! Im still fighting those douchebags at UPS to get your money back..they keep saying when the refund comes theyll call..once again though man glad you're alright.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks like a squad car in the background. Nothing like that can happen with me I would be fired I'm a commercial driver. I am the guy who pulls over if there is a line of cars behind me. lol. I get compliment calls for courteous driving. Anyway, I like to tear it up in the mountains but speed doesn't mean anything apart from that. No confessions yet you could have killed other drivers. Did you get a ticket? Oh ya hope they don't fix it, it's worth nothing now.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
what you doing with the fogs? cause i may be interested for the right price.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So today I rolled the Versa :/ Luckily everyone is safe, but the car is hurtin...

close up:

car still runs, but it looks like the torsion beam (connects the rear wheels) is bent. I don't know if its just gonna be totaled or not, so we'll see. Basically what happened is when we hit the off ramp there was a small amount of sand/gravel and it caused the car to start skidding. we took out a couolke signs and then were forced onto the grass where the car rolled up onto its side. BTW, I have the extra airbags and none of them deployed.. NOt when we hit the signs, and not when we rolled. Luckily the car was solid enough not to cave when it rolled. I'll keep you guys informed.
Good to see that you had your seat buckle and harness on when you rolled the vehicle. You are a lucky man to walk away from this accident. Recommend that if you have any pains or discomfort in the neck or back in the next day or so, please have it checked out. You could have taken some trauma in the C6 or L4 area of the neck and back areas.

I've had a similar crash many years ago and the trauma to those areas showed up years later. Might be worth a visit to have a MRI done to verify that your ok.

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
emt's cleared us at the scene, and the trooper was just there to do the accident report. It was a single lane off ramp with nothing to hit except the sign and the dirt. we were lucky. Just happened to lose traction at the wrong spot and i couldn't recover it. Despite how good of drivers we all think we are, sometimes theres just nothing you can do. If I had had another 5 feet of road, I think I would've ended the skid, but there just wasn't enough room.

And yes, I am hoping for a total write off.. I hit a deer last winter and now this. The car will be worthless with 2 accidents on it. Still undecided on what I'll buy if it turns out that way. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And seat belts probably saved us form some serious injuries here.. The car landed on its side and I can only imagine what would've happened is we hadn't been wearing them.. we probably would have ended up smashing into the roof and windshield.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
YIKES!

From the damage looks like the impact wasn't too hard when it rolled... probably not enough to trip the airbags. Modern airbags don't go off unless you actually need them. So very possibly the SRS system worked as it should.

Glad you all walked away unhurt!

Do the pictures show it right that all of the glass is intact?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
minus the mini window on the drivers side, all glass is intact, the sheet metal in the doors took most of the impact.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wow! Glad you are ok. Sucks for the V though. When I rolled my blazer a few years ago, none of the airbags went off. The whole driver side was smashed in windows shattered. It was totaled.
The Top Gear sticker is priceless. :)
Good luck, keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pulled out a few parts today. If they decide the car is totaled, I don't wanna have to beg and plead to get them to let me remove my extra stuff!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.