Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first oil change and not sure where I should be jacking the vehicle up by? There was a circular reinforced rib on CVT but not sure if that's the right place to do it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Just use the pinch welds...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oil change on the Note is actually stupid simple as everything is pretty much right there in front of your face once you get under the car including the oil filter which sits right on the front of the engine :)
Yes, oil change is super easy unlike last two nissan (Xterra and Frontier). Both of those seemed to always take some skin off my forearm.

·
Registered
226 Posts
you should never jack a car up by the trans or engine... that is way more static weight than they're designed to handle, not to mention the motor mounts. Use the frame rails

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Is the oil filter accessible from the top like in the older sedan Versa's?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Invest in the plastic Rhino ramps for about $40-50 bucks. They are great for simple things like an oil change. It sets up faster and is safer too. I love mine and only mess with a jack when I need to take a tire off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just to ask, I have a rolling floor jack. On other cars I was able to roll it under the front center and find some kind of cross brace to lift the car and slip my jack stands at the front suspension connection points on either side to support while I did the oil change.

A quick peek and I didn't see any structure in the center middle front of the Versa, is that correct?

Yes, you can lift at the sides on the pinch welds using the OEM jack, but I prefer doing a NASCAR type quick lift with my floor jack(if possable) :grin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made ramps out of 2x6's and posted an instructable on them as well. I've used them for 3 years now for the Quest and the Versa. Visit Instructables.com and search "inexpensive car ramps". While we're on oil changes, I had a heck of a time finding the right oil filter wrench. My local auto parts stores, super centers etc. didn't have the right size or they were extremely cheap. I ordered a Lisle 54400 from Amazon to solve that dilemma. H/T to jas32 for the service manual link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.