Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 versa note In shop got small dent in it when hit by another car. So my rental is a 2018 Versa Sedan SV model mine is also a SV version. The hands free cell on the new car SUCKS. Now this new car has backup camera with digital screen dash. My car doe NOT.

Any way, I get a call while driving, I click the toggle switch on wheel to answer like my car works. I click several times. I was just coming up to a stop light. I look over to screen and on screen I HAVE to hit answer button on screen. the switch on steering wheel does NOTHING. WTF Now they made in UNSAFE. I have to take eyes off road look over and click answer button on the screen hoping not to hit the other button to hang up.

Other things Not sure if this is because its a sedan? verse my Note but no trip meter, no outside temp reading . No miles to empty, mpg or any of that. both are SV models. Not sure if this is because its a sedan?

But the phone thing is horrible. This alone would make me get a Honda Fit even though its a grand more.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Haven't driven an 18. The phone on my 16 Note SV is great. Easy to answer and make calls. Have never had it drop a call. Always understands my voice commands.

I agree if they make the phone hard to use I'll buy some other brand.

·
Registered
224 Posts
One of the big things I miss on my 16 Note SV is a TEMP gage. Never know when you can turn the blower on for heat and when stuck in traffic in the summer you begin to worry.....should I be turning the AC off to lighten the engine load?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never understood why would anybody need outside temperature meter so badly...
If you live in a climate were it snows its good to know when the temp gets to 32F so you can be aware there might be ICE on the road. Other wise no not super important . just saw it was missing.

The phone thing were the steering wheel switch cant answer the phone is a deal breaker for me. When its time to buy again I will be checking that. I cant believe there so STUPID. Glad I know to check for this now. Makes no sense to do that. You can start a call but cant answer one with the steering wheel switch. Having to look at the screen on center of dash is crazy stupid.

Oh It did have a temp gauge for engine temp on dash. My 2015 does not.

I have my car back now so no more of that. :grin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
dc9mm
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing