Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Houston, Texas. My 2007 Versa 1.8, non CVT, the engine compartment seems warmer to me. My V doesn't have a temp gauge but I'm tracking it with my Smartphone & TorquePro app. On the highway, with AC on, it stays at ~192*F. In city driving, ambient 85*F with 70% Humidity, it ranges 192-204*F. Is that what drivers, in warm climates, are getting on the 07-12 Versa/Tiida ? All I found are thermostat open and close temps. Thxs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not exceeding ~204F is pretty good. I have no idea where the 1.6 runs in my 2015 Versa with the 4spd auto.

On the pentastar V6 in my 2017 Ram 1500 pickup, I've seen engine coolant temps approach 220F on 90F days.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The temps are normal and even low there. The days of cars running at 180 degrees are pretty much gone, the higher temps lower emissions whoppingly. Many cars run the temps to over 212 now, it lowers sludge buildup a LOT when the water (needed to build sludge) gets constantly boiled off the oil to then go out the PCV. Count on running temps running up to ten degrees higher than the stat temps are set for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts