Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent quite a bit of time searching the forum and so far the best I can find is that 195/65-15, 205/60-15, and maybe perhaps a 205/65-15 tire will fit on an OEM steel wheel. I did find one post that stated they had mounted a 205/70-15 but it was a close fit.

On a stock 2009 Versa S with OEM steel wheels; what is the largest tire size anyone here has mounted or seen mounted for sure?

I need to buy tires soon and wanted to get the largest size tire that will fit and not rub. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I had a 205/65/15 on my car. But only in the back.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've got the 195/65's on stock 15-inch rims and I would not go bigger. There is still good enough room to not worry about turning or bumps causing scraping or rubbing in the wheel well. Also cuts down a bit on the "4x4" look normally.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Wouldn't that just mess up the performance of the car in some way? Im pretty sure it would.

Anyways, I would stick with performance tires 185/65/r15 instead. you don't want to risk anything.
It triggered my ABS and dash brake light several times. This was a temporary thing until I could get some new wheels. My stock tires had nails and a leak. I currently ride on four 195/65/15 240sx alloys.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I ran 205/60-r15 on my factory steels for a while with no problems at all no rubbing no problems at all only reason I'm not running them now is cause I changed to my enkies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.