Nissan Versa Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You assholes put MANUAL FREAKING WINDOWS AND LOCKS ON A 2011 1.8L HATCH? SERIOUSLY? ITS A 2011 CAR....

T_T Makes me miss my civic..

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Actually nissan has just stated that all versa built after december 2010 will have power locks and windows. That is even including the 1.6 models.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
They're stripped for people who cant afford the loaded models(usually). Dont feel bad though, I own a 2010 1.6 sedan, which has manual everything(even the tranny Lol).

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Why are you upset? If you don't want manual windows and locks then 1) buy the SL, 2) buy the power package on S, or 3) wait till they are all standard with power windows and locks. The Toyota yaris, Toyota corolla, Toyota tundra, Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Nissan Versa, Nissan Frontier, KIA Rio, KIA accent, Honda Civic, the list goes on and on for cars in the basic trim that don't include power windows and locks. So I don't mean to be a jerk, but whats your point with this post?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was a present to start the rest of my life and I had no options LOL

"Actually nissan has just stated that all versa built after december 2010 will have power locks and windows. That is even including the 1.6 models."

WHAT? im gonna go and demand they install my power windows at cost price :[

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
A present? Meaning a gift? Wow, I wish someone would buy me a car as a gift, I don't care if it didn't have A/C, or any power options. A car is a car, and you learn to enjoy it. But I guess you really don't enjoy it, unless its your own money paying for it. Dude how old are you? The Versa is made to be driven from point A to B. Nothing fancy or great. This is where customizing your car comes into effect. Try installing some power locks and windows. Go on ebay, and buy some salvaged parts from other versa's and give it a whirl. You say to start the rest of your life with this car, sounding as its your first car, but in another post you stated your switching sound parts from your old civic. I'm confused on what your saying.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Versa S 2009...I deff. agree with you. I pay my V but my dad co-signed it and I consider that a gift. Sometimes I miss c/c and power locks but I've learned to love(not like) it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Versa S 2009...I deff. agree with you. I pay my V but my dad co-signed it and I consider that a gift. Sometimes I miss c/c and power locks but I've learned to love(not like) it.
Thank you. Im not trying to put him/her down in anyway, I just don't get it. I got lucky and my bank on my first car gave me loan on my own for only like $4500, but I did put down like $4000, payed that car off in 1yr versus the 4yr loan I had. So when it came to buying the V I was instantly approved. Some people need a co-sign, and there's nothing wrong with that. My parents told me they weren't co-signing, and if I wanted it, I had to work hard like they did. But if it's a gift, be happy and have fun with it. Play with it, customize it, etc. Just think, you don't have to worry about your power windows failing on you. There's plus's to everything, and you just need to find it. With me, I have 1-2 payments left, and im uncomfortable a little driving the V, but knowing its paid for, I can deal with it, and move on.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
well...we are human, we always want more than what we have.

I think he likes his Versa, but just not too happy it doesn't have power windows and power locks, or maybe he hates it beause is not a 350Z twin turbo? who knows?

Hopefully he will learn the easy way and make good grades in school, not quit school, don't have kids or not get married until school is completed, or maybe he won't over spend his credit and credit card, graduate and get a good job, and then never have to worry about buying a car without power windows and power locks.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Thank you. Im not trying to put him/her down in anyway, I just don't get it. I got lucky and my bank on my first car gave me loan on my own for only like $4500, but I did put down like $4000, payed that car off in 1yr versus the 4yr loan I had. So when it came to buying the V I was instantly approved. Some people need a co-sign, and there's nothing wrong with that. My parents told me they weren't co-signing, and if I wanted it, I had to work hard like they did. But if it's a gift, be happy and have fun with it. Play with it, customize it, etc. Just think, you don't have to worry about your power windows failing on you. There's plus's to everything, and you just need to find it. With me, I have 1-2 payments left, and im uncomfortable a little driving the V, but knowing its paid for, I can deal with it, and move on.
I hear ya. I wish I had 2 payments left on my V. Right now, the V is my only car and I plan on keeping it after it's paid off but it's gonna be the daily driver and an ALTIMA will be the weekend baby!!! :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Im lucky my car is paid off since I drove off the lot. Sadly its the 1.6 sedan but now im a happy V owner and I installed power locks myself so my V is just as good as the 1.8 minus the horse power :(

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Im lucky my car is paid off since I drove off the lot. Sadly its the 1.6 sedan but now im a happy V owner and I installed power locks myself so my V is just as good as the 1.8 minus the horse power :(
See there you go. Make it different, make it unique, but most importantly MAKE IT YOUR OWN. That's what im talking about. You learned to adjust, and make changes to fit your needs, way to go!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
thanks Versa S 2009. honestly its cheaper if you do it yourself then either having the dealership do it or paying someone else do it. my whole kit cost $100 and it came with a remote sttarter/alarm and the four door actuators. wires were a mess but once you learn how to hide them you cant even tell its there

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol oh sorry you wanna hear the whole story?

my grandpa felt bad for reasons I don't feel I need to explain

so he bought me a car which is the first big thing i've ever gotten from anyone

I've had two cars before this one was passed down to me a 85 accord and a 95 civic which I bought with my own money and I pay my insurance i've been driving since 18 and im 20 now I actually declined the car but because i'm a student and work I need to get places and my civic wasn't doing so well i had to take him up.

My insurance for 6 months was 500$ avged now it's 900$ for 6 months so this is why I complain. if it's this much and I don't even have power windows it might have been better to just spend $2,000 and get a new clutch and tranny for my civic instead of this 14,000 car

So if you're done being a judgemental asshole i'm done ranting.

btw i'm sure in comparison to me you grew up a spoiled little prick. how bout you be grateful =]

·
Registered
374 Posts
actually naw im a year younger then you go to school full time and work two jobs. and everything in that car is all me buddy from bumper to bumper. not a gift like you. so before you start getting upset at people for no reason remember this isnt NICO this is a strictly a chill forum so. sorry your so pissed. but maybe you should change insurance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol talking to versa S for 1
2 if you didnt read i already had a car which was all mine? -golfclap-
3 before u start assuming anyones angry you should realize i meditate and got more control than that ^^ maybe you should change and start thinking not assuming

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
" Let your steam out here, and keep it off of the rest of the board."

I didnt give a rip if anyone read this idk why you bothered doing so if you go to school full time and work two jobs why you got so much time !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
25 Replies
9 Participants
robj80
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing