Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my little "V" is about to turn 5 years old in a couple weeks.
I want to make sure I have as few "surprises" after the warranty is expired.

My question to all of you is this,
since this car is new to me ( bought from my father-in-law ), would it be a waste of time/money to take it to the dealer for a "once over" to make sure there is major wrong prior to the warranty expiring?

The car is an 07 S hatch with only 45,000kilomters ( 28,000 miles ) on it.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.
And if you think I should take it in, what should I have them check out???

Please post if you can
Thanks
O

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Check for any weird noises during acceleration/startup. Since the mileage is low, I doubt there's anything serious going on.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
If its starting fine, then I wouldn't worry. You have very low mileage on the car.

Mine will be 5 next April, but I have my warranty for 7 years and really the only thing I have had replaced under warranty was my fuel pressure regulator (replaced twice); now at 65K. No other issues or complaints.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weird noises during Start up / acceleration?

Are these cars known for something like that?

Please enlighted this newbie!
Thanks
O

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
car problems are "üsually" more evident when engine is cold, in my experience example piston slap noises, other creaks and groans. Careful who you give your car to for a go-find-anything carte blanche inspection:)hope it helps

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Weird noises during Start up / acceleration?

Are these cars known for something like that?

Please enlighted this newbie!
Thanks
O
Mine doesn't have any weird noises during start up or acceleration.
If you had trouble starting it (long cranking) then you might need a new FPR. I have had that replaced twice, but that's about it.

Post up pics too :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting....
I just found out that the previous owner upgraded the factory warrenty for 5 year 100,000 klics, which is about to exprire because of the age, but because they did that, it allows me the option to continue the warrenty ( bumper to bumper ) for another 2 years, up to 160,000klics.

Price = $1375 taxes in

What are your thoughts on this?
waste of money
OR
good investment?

oppinions?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Seems like a lot of money to spend on a warranty for only an extra 2 years of protection. Plus I'm thinking if you haven't had any issues to date, then it's probably fine. Lots of owners around with really high mileage Versas.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Seems like a lot of money to spend on a warranty for only an extra 2 years of protection. Plus I'm thinking if you haven't had any issues to date, then it's probably fine. Lots of owners around with really high mileage Versas.
Like me, 2007 1.8 106,000 miles and it still takes me to work and back and gets 37MPG in the summer

that's one of the reasons why I wanted a small car to get to work and back.
there are no buses, no trains or anything close to my house

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is exactly what I thought...I mean you can get alot of things repaired for almost $1400 bucks, and that would only be breaking even...

I am leaning towards opting out of the extended warranty option...
but then again, maybe not...I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
on my 01 sentra and 96 aerostar awd i bought aftermarket warranty. used the warranty on both vehicles but still didn't make the money back...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.