Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to improve the handing of my Versa, I saw in the project black widow thread how stiff the car was after adding a rear strut brace, and he was able to lift a tire off the ground going into his driveway.

I want to do some auto-x next year so its not just looking to throw as much stuff on it to act as a window dressing, but I also know that one will make more of an improvement than the others.

Anyone else auto-x their versa?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Mine has alot of stuff done to it to get it where it is (front and back strut braces rear sway bar lowering springs trunk brace, but I would say front and back strut tower braces would make it better. I plan to auto x mine when I have the money to enter.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Auto cross its timed racing on a course made of cones

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I guess what I was asking was did you notice a marked improvement from any one of those? Or did you install all of them at the same time?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Order of install, front strut brace (helped the front reducing roll and flex alot), sedan trunk brace (helped with the twisting feeling in the back), tanabe lowering springs (helped alot with reducing body roll), whitline rear sway bar (took a little bit more body roll out), rear hatch shock brace (took the last bit of the twist out)
Hope this helps each will make a difference its up to you what you want to improve on, I wanted to make it corner completely flat without any real twisting or roll and I got that by installing all this overall it has completely changed the feel of the car if I drive a stock V its a completely different car lol.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Glad I could help :thumb2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Order of install, front strut brace (helped the front reducing roll and flex alot), sedan trunk brace (helped with the twisting feeling in the back), tanabe lowering springs (helped alot with reducing body roll), whitline rear sway bar (took a little bit more body roll out), rear hatch shock brace (took the last bit of the twist out)
Hope this helps each will make a difference its up to you what you want to improve on, I wanted to make it corner completely flat without any real twisting or roll and I got that by installing all this overall it has completely changed the feel of the car if I drive a stock V its a completely different car lol.
how much would all this come out to?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Like 500-600 I belive

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right now on microimage the total for all that would be $609. I just ordered the front strut tower brace and I will see what difference that makes, then add the rear tower brace.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ok cool when I got all my stuff it was in a big order from gettin taxes back and it was like $1200 order so I couldn't remember oh the sway bar from versaspeed is a bigger diameter bar thats the one I have.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I just paid infected for my sway bar, so I should have that soon. I can't wait!! And I can't wait for my tax refund to come in so I can invest in some other stuff too.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ohhhh cool.

I am just emailing Garm again and ordering the rear strut tower brace too.. just can't stop modding lol.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have the AEM also from Bob. Good mod. Didn't affect my MPGs at all ... And no I'm not easy on the car.
+1

Some people will say it will improve your MPGs, but I don't think it really has an effect either way. I certainly didn't notice any difference.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.