Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the versa comes stock with ContiProContact. They are pretty good, but what's better in dry and wet? What happens if I move up a category from All Season Touring to All Season UHP. For example, what happens if we move to an all season UHP like Sumitomo HTR A/S P02, which is actually cheaper than the ContiProContact?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have Yokohama Avid Ascend on my 09. They were around $90 each, but I think the only tire that is better is anything Michelien.

Reactions: Mgtow_Life

·
Registered
6 Posts
On a budget (as I always am) I just contacted the tire sellers folks and they put tires on my Versa. I just asked for their best deal. No research... I know you're asking specific questions, but my answer is tires don't matter much. They wear out and need replacing no matter what brand you buy. It really isn't gonna save you much or get you anywhere any farther by spending much time worrying about minutia.

One tip I do have is... if they are wearing evenly, then never rotate them. There isn't any reason to rotate them. If they are not wearing evenly you need an alignment, not a tire rotation... OK, so that goes against everything the folks that SELL tires tells you. But they sell tires, and they need yours to wear out as fast as possible. Rotating perfectly good tires is a great way to wear them out faster. So, they promote that idea...

I had a 2000 Chevy Silverado. About the time Firestone's Ford Explorer tires were exploding (shortly after by a few months) I figured Firestone was probably then making the best tires ever. So I bought a set of 4 Firestone Destination A/T's. Except for keeping proper air pressure in them, at oil changes and such when we are brainwashed to rotate tires, I never allowed them to rotate my tires.

I got 80,000 miles out of those tires.

·
Registered
420 Posts
but my answer is tires don't matter much.
Actually, they do. I have gone the cheap tire route before, and regretted the cheap tire purchase. There is a slight incline leaving my neighborhood, and when it snows, and even heavy rain,
the cheap tires will NOT get me up that incline. Cheap tires provide no traction worth anything. With poor traction, if you needed to make a emergency manuver, the car will just push.
Lets not forget braking. Cheap tires are like driving on ice. Just hang on and enjoy the ride.

Now compare that to nearly bald Micheliens, still plenty of traction in all weather, and would get up that incline with snow on the ground.

Reactions: SlickVersa

·
Premium Member
2020 Versa S
7 Posts
yokohama advan fleva. Because they look awesome and nissan has yokohama hoses under the hood and they are advans
Screenshot_20200707-125548_Photos.jpg
20200707_151941.jpg
20200707_152023.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts