Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it better to make the RPM'S go up too gain or matain speed or should you just let it slow down 4 or 5 MPH till it holds the speed? I have the CVT and recently I put Mobil 1 OW-30 Synthetic oil in it and the engine doesn't seem to raise the RPM'S as much so if I have some weight in the car I lose some speed unless I decide to work the engine.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Is it better to make the RPM'S go up too gain or matain speed or should you just let it slow down 4 or 5 MPH till it holds the speed? I have the CVT and recently I put Mobil 1 OW-30 Synthetic oil in it and the engine doesn't seem to raise the RPM'S as much so if I have some weight in the car I lose some speed unless I decide to work the engine.
Whenever you climb a steep grade, the RPMs will always go high since its in a lower gear ratio, so it's inevitable. 0w30 shouldn't hamper the revs either; it should prolly rev quicker than a thicker oil too. Maybe you should put your foot into it a bit more!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.