Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at a 2009 Versa 1.8 Xtronic CVT model and was just wondering what the advantage of the CVT engine is. i compared the gas mileage with a manual versa and it was about the same. what do you guys think?

i'm also looking for a couple dealer recommendations in the Wood County, OH area. i found this one that has a couple good choices http://www.thayernissan.com but i'd like some good reviews first. thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
If gas mileage is your thing then get the 1.6. My first two tanks I got 36+mpg and the last tank I got just about 39mpg. I'm assuming once broken in and I switch to synthetic oil I will be getting 40+. This is with a 5spd though.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
if youre looking for a good commuter car with decent MPG with great options and styling than the 09 SL is for you, options will vary from cruise control, ABS, sunroof, sport package, bluetooth its really all upto you and how much youre willing to spend... but IMHO i like the CVT, my wife has a Murano with CVT and we just love it... i will be the first to admit that it does take a while to get used to, but i think once you go CVT you wont want to go back to a regular AT again... hope this helps

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have the cvt and honestly its the best. I feel it accelerats better than the 4 speed auto and just responds better in my point of view. for the money i recommend it but once you get used to it, its hard going back to a regular automatic. hope this helps you a little

·
Registered
187 Posts
i'm looking at a 2009 Versa 1.8 Xtronic CVT model and was just wondering what the advantage of the CVT engine is. i compared the gas mileage with a manual versa and it was about the same. what do you guys think?

i'm also looking for a couple dealer recommendations in the Wood County, OH area. i found this one that has a couple good choices http://www.thayernissan.com but i'd like some good reviews first. thanks for your help!
The manual trans will give you more control overall on how the car performs..so if your into performance go with the manual trans, don't even think of anything else with only 120+hp. The CVT is smoother and like what has been mentioned is a better alternative to the Automatic.....unless it's one of the performance versions found on the GTR or 370Z's and I don't thing the Versa will ever see those!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.