Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few of these vids on youtube and tought to come ask around here a bit.

is there a diffrence in topspeeds between the 1.6 & 1.8.

what is the fastest you ever dared to go in your versa ?

Fastest I ever went was 215km/h.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have seen a few of these vids on youtube and tought to come ask around here a bit.

is there a diffrence in topspeeds between the 1.6 & 1.8.

what is the fastest you ever dared to go in your versa ?

Fastest I ever went was 215km/h.
fastest ive gone wast 110mph

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm in the 90-95 camp. It jsut gets unpleassant. The engine sounds terrible, and body control is less than ideal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
112-115 on a flat road.
There is a pretty steep stretch of highway where I took it downhill in the dead of night. Barely touched 130. (For reference riding the clutch down this hill is steady at 68-74 depending on temperature and humidity.)
...body control is less than ideal.
Yep, it was absolutely not happy at all going that fast, and that was with no wind. It's just too tall and the suspension is not overengineered at all, so 120 is where it goes from tolerably safe to mortal danger.

I'm curious as to what people do after a 1.8 or 2.0 engine swap to deal with that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would have thought a governor would have limited these things to 85-95 ish. Whats the speed rating of the Bridgestones on my Note? Isn't that a key player in the government setting limits?

·
Registered
226 Posts
In my eyes a 2.0 swap isn't for top speed, it's for making the car perform decent enough that you can use the term performance and Versa in the same sentence without laughing.

To really hunker it down and stabilize it at 130 is going to require a few things, at a minimum:

1. wider, stickier tires,
2. Lower, mildly stiffer suspension... I'm not talking stanced, just dropped and stiffened enough to limit roll without inducing bounce.
3. chassis stiffening.

It's a torsion beam rear, so it's always going to want to dance around over imperfections, nothing to be done about that.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
215?!?!? :surprise that's like 130ish lol how'd you manage that??
Thats what I was wondering… once I got mine up to 160km/h on a brand new, deserted highway in the middle of nowhere at 3AM on a sunday, and backed off because I mentally processed how stupid I was being trying to push a cheaply built economy car like that, but I'm pretty sure I was turning like 5000ish RPM's at that point, I remember thinking there was no way I would make 200 before it redlined anyways.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Thats what I was wondering… once I got mine up to 160km/h on a brand new, deserted highway in the middle of nowhere at 3AM on a sunday, and backed off because I mentally processed how stupid I was being trying to push a cheaply built economy car like that, but I'm pretty sure I was turning like 5000ish RPM's at that point, I remember thinking there was no way I would make 200 before it redlined anyways.
It would of been even stupider (if that's even a word lol) to lose control in that deserted brand new highway with no one around at those speeds lol. Me, myself and I have only taken it up to about 100-110 safely. Anything above that might not have been smart lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
....I'd say anything over 90-95 isn't smart. These cars aren't meant for those speeds stock. At these speeds I always felt like a gust of wind would blow my car into heavens.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It would of been even stupider (if that's even a word lol) to lose control in that deserted brand new highway with no one around at those speeds lol. Me, myself and I have only taken it up to about 100-110 safely. Anything above that might not have been smart lol.
If you re-read my post you will see that I said my top speed was 160 KILOMETERS per hour… meaning your 110MPH (or 177km/h) is a bit (~11mph) faster than me :wink

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
215?!?!? :surprise that's like 130ish lol how'd you manage that??
Not that Difficult. There is no Limiter, you run out of revs if you get it over 220 - 225(tested on Dyno).
But it is already shit scary from 200(the box shape + suspension is not built to be driven at that speed).
I did it on a Flat 6 lane open "private road" where there was no other cars arround accept me and my one friend with his worked Sr20DE Sentra where chasing each other.. (Did it once and not again, cause it is a bit stupid)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
cool radio lol.

·
Registered
637 Posts
In my eyes a 2.0 swap isn't for top speed, it's for making the car perform decent enough that you can use the term performance and Versa in the same sentence without laughing.

To really hunker it down and stabilize it at 130 is going to require a few things, at a minimum:

1. wider, stickier tires,
2. Lower, mildly stiffer suspension... I'm not talking stanced, just dropped and stiffened enough to limit roll without inducing bounce.
3. chassis stiffening.

It's a torsion beam rear, so it's always going to want to dance around over imperfections, nothing to be done about that.

Have all those things on my note plus have the body kit which actually helps with the aerodynamics ive noticed...my note is perfectly happy at speeds over 110, but yes i agree when it is stock it can be a handful at those speeds

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not that Difficult. There is no Limiter, you run out of revs if you get it over 220 - 225(tested on Dyno).
But it is already shit scary from 200(the box shape + suspension is not built to be driven at that speed).
I did it on a Flat 6 lane open "private road" where there was no other cars arround accept me and my one friend with his worked Sr20DE Sentra where chasing each other.. (Did it once and not again, cause it is a bit stupid)
I feel like mine has a limiter. It was originally a rental car so I wonder if they put a limiter on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.