Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, everyone has a different goal they want to reach for their V. Some people have a theme going on.

For my goal, I plan to work on the suspension more, in the future a couple years from now I would like to get coilovers either Tanabe or Greddy. Afterwards, I'll get a swaybar and rear strut bar and then the suspension will be complete. The engine, I'll put in a CAI and get an axle-back possibly Greddy or Stillen. That's my goal and I don't plan to do much else after that for my DD. I don't want to mess around with the cat or exhaust too much because of the emission testing we have in Colorado.

What is everyone's goal and what kind of theme are you going for?

·
Registered
927 Posts
im actually window shopping for tires/rims/suspension/brakes i already have some rims in mind from konigs but still trying to get my friend to get some hook ups from konigs because his brother used to be a distributor for it :p but its not looking good though lol... tires i dont know i might go michelin or eagle gt but i heard good things about michelin but expensive though 200 a pop :( suspension im still torn between two lovers lol full coil over or springs&shocks&struts combo because i want something that i can bring to the track also handles my everyday long drives :p "gfs too far away from each other jk"
and for brakes of course i want some slotted but i dont know how many slots i want lol...

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a lot of things going on with my versa right now. My goal, the Ulitimate DD.

I ordered my full exhaust from BRM

Just ordered OBX headers

I need to install my front & rear strut bars and my stillen crossdrilled rotors

I'm so scattered brain right its Kwayzie

Some pending items: OEM Spoiler & Tokico full adjustable shocks, and when all is done the sound system will be redone, as long as I keep making money LoL

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
My plan for the Versa is to make it a track car as well, i think after i pay it off i will gut the interior and then possibly a swap... i have a few more things to do to the suspension, and i also want the Rotora big brake kit.... im also looking to get another set of rims too.... possibly some lightweight 17's with R compound tires for track use only....

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I have two paths but I'm unsure which to take.

First one is keep it totally stock and just drive it until it dies. Do the minimum maintenance and hope it lasts me 200k miles with little trouble. I may add little things like tiida cup holder, nav unit, and scan gauge. Just little things to help the day to day driving.

Second path is find every rare hard to find latio aero part that will fit and get it. Then add all the other latio/tiida goodies I can find. Then in performance it's going to be rear disc, upgraded front brakes, and turbo. I'm praying nissan comes out with the hr16det like the rumor because then I can get a stock exhaust manifold. Not looking for big power here. My car weighs 2500lbs so I will be happy with between 175-200whp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haven't had time to think about it. Actually it's my wife's car, but I haven't had a car since 1973 that I haven't messed with in some way. Her 2002 MPV just needed too much work on it, and with 117K on the odometer I wasn't too comfortable with her out on the road in it.

For safety purposes I want to tighten up the suspension on the Versa. It's silver with a charcoal interior, and it needs a bit of color. Going to the graphics shop Monday with and idea for something subtle in mind.

We got floor mats today, and I wonder if someone can recommend a company for seat covers? Dark gray with light gray and red tweed, perhaps, to tie into the graphic design.

Performance can wait until my other three project cars are finished: one's at 95%, the other at 85%, and the third's just getting started *sigh*.

I really like the forum, btw: a lot of nice information just by reading recent material.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.