Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help me with my questions... I recently bought these used rims and tires for $250 from a legit seller. They came from his Honda Accord.

Rims: 17x7, ET +38, universal lugs.. they look like Axis Mesh II rims. Some light scratches but no cracks or extreme curb damage whatsoever.

Tires: Potenza RE92, 225-45-17. Based on the labels on the tire sidewall, they were manufactured 2008 so fairly new I think.

My car: 2010 Versa SL (w/ oem 16 wheels), lowered on Tanabe NFS210s and car has TPMS.

Questions:
TPMS:
- Can I just transfer the old TPMS sensors from the oem 16s to the 17s instead of buying new ones? If yes, what items should I buy (gaskets etc.)? Do they need reprogramming from the dealer? Cost?

Tires:
- Will the tires rub? Do you think they're safe to mount these tires? My wife and I are planning to drive more than 2,000 miles (round trip) from NJ to Orlando this May.

3. Do I have to upgrade the lug nuts or just use the old ones? If yes, to what size?

BTW, I am planning to paint the rims matte gunmetal grey on the center mesh and gloss gunmetal grey on the rim lips.

Whew! ..long post lol

Thank you all!

Pics:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Questions:
TPMS:
- Can I just transfer the old TPMS sensors from the oem 16s to the 17s instead of buying new ones? If yes, what items should I buy (gaskets etc.)? Do they need reprogramming from the dealer? Cost?

I had my TPMS changed over to the 240 rims when I had them put on and they told me it was fine that they didnt have to do anything extra, I talked to nissan before doing it and they sugjested changing the O-rings but that was it.

Tires:
- Will the tires rub? Do you think they're safe to mount these tires?My wife and I are planning to drive more than 2,000 miles (round trip) from NJ to Orlando this May.

dont know know if they will rub but wanted to ask if y'all are going to come visit on your way by? :thumb2:

3. Do I have to upgrade the lug nuts or just use the old ones? If yes, to what size?

before you mount them on the car do a test fit first with the lugs to see if they will grab the threads enough mine factory lugs work but just

BTW, I am planning to paint the rims matte gunmetal grey on the center mesh and gloss gunmetal grey on the rim lips.

that should look nice :thumb2: hope I could be of some help to ya

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I appreciate your prompt reply! Thanks thanks! As for if we are to visit, not really sure.. my wife and our friends driving in from Houston (to Orlando) have scheduled plans. Besides, wife and I are shy people ;) But 'will PM you if ever :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
413 Posts
you shouldnt have any rubbing issues with those tires (i didnt when i ran that size)

you will probably need to get tuner lug nut because the angle of the seat where the lug nut sits against the wheel. nissan uses 12x1.25 lug nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.