Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you may remember a while back I asked about a mild vibration I was having after putting on my current wheels. I was told it could be wheels not been properly balance, or needing hubcentric rings. After putting up with it for quite a while I decided to buy some rings and have since put them on. However the vibration has not stopped, it's gotten milder but not stopped. So my questions is, can anyone assure me that balancing is the absolute issue here. You know, before I go spending 40 bucks and not have the issue resolve. Thank you much. Oh, it only happens after I hit 60mph if that narrows it down. Thanks again

·
Registered
440 Posts
Coming from a tire/repair shop we've dealt with this issue before.

First, make sure your half shaft isn't going bad. Check the boots for tears, slung grease, etc but even then the locking ring/clip in the transmission can break or the interneral of the joints.

Second, how old are the tires? Did you get new ones when the problem started? We've seen problems with the tires themselves.

Third, are the wheels bent? Are you feeling the shaking through the steering wheel or the seat? Try rotating the tires to see if this changes the vibration.

Last, a Roadforce balancer may be needed. This is the BEST way to balance the wheels/tires but not all that many shops have them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure how old the tires are. They came with the wheels when I first got them. They seem good with plenty of thread so I didn't really think much of it. Guess I can check to see when they were manufactured. Problem has to be the wheels cause the problem started occurring after I put them on. The shaking is through the wheel and the seats. It got a lil better after the hub rings but it is still very noticeable. Guess the next step is to do a tire balancing and see what happens. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang, might want to stop by before I go for Roadforce balancing then lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.