Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously people, what happened to appreciating individuality? This isn't grade school, and not everyone has to like the same thing.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Ok, I'm lost, I know we are trying to avoid pointing the finger here but I would like to know if it was me? If I've made a mistake and said something way off then I would like to be a man and confront it and not really avoid it so that I dont' make the same mistake again. If I'm off the hook then just say..no it is not you chill out man, so then I'm cool.
but if it was me then I would like to know what I said then explain why I said it.
I do not have a problem talking about my feelings

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not saying anyone in general, I just saw the "must read" post. That was the one reason I joined this forum is because people here seemed to generally appreciate individuality. They didn't put people down for what they wanted to do to their own vehicles. If they wanted a theme build, or 20" wheels or an Orkin Man helmet on top of their car, they didn't get slammed for it. Not pointing fingers at anyone in general, just saying lets all get back to the way it was and stop being so jaded and critical of other people's work. Just my .02 on the situation.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I in no way am pointing anyone out, just a response to the several pms i have been receiving over the last few days. Again i didnt say its ok to slam someone and flame them or there car, but I am basically saying if someone says they dont like it, remember this is a public website, and people have different opionions, and some people just dont want to hear anything negative. Again this will never get like nico

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Dave. Being the internet, no matter what you post, someone will have something negative to say about it. Just don't like all the belittling and flaming. Let's all just get along basically.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
ohh I see, well I agee :iagree: about that 100% :thumbsup:

anyway,
I was thinking maybe the reason why so many people can't take any negative comments about their car is because there's a saying you are what you drive and if other people make fun of your ride then they see it as making fun of them too.
Here's an article that I found on google.com and read the comments

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2007/12/you-are-what-yo.html

so maybe that is the root where the reaction is coming from (a very personal view) or maybe not, who knows...

thanks for the reply guys, it makes sense now; I was lost for a minute ;)

good nite!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.