Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fairly new to the Versa world and I was wonder when should I change my brake pads and shoes? Does anyone know how thin they can be measurement wise? I'm asking because occasionally I hear a squeaking sound or two.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd say best thing to do is remove the tire and visually inspect them. If they look low replace them. There's also a brake pad measurement tool that is placed between the pad and rotor to tell give a reading looks like this

For the shoes it would be the same way remove the tire and then the drum to see how thin they are. Shoes generally last longer than front pads.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm a fairly new to the Versa world and I was wonder when should I change my brake pads and shoes? Does anyone know how thin they can be measurement wise? I'm asking because occasionally I hear a squeaking sound or two.

Also, they will start to squeal as there is a metal strip on the pads that will make contact with the rotor once they wear down enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know you can order them on Amazon but in not sure if most auto parts stores carry them. If they look really thin just replace them. You'll know once you look at them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Ccstreets
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing