Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can get lift gate struts for the hatchback?
mine are leaking and the hatch wont stay open.
the dealer wants 150 each! thats ridiculous...anyone else have this problem? i just want a after market one whatever is cheaper and can get the job done.
ive searched everywhere ... auto parts warehouse, rockauto, everything nissan etc... autozone... they dont carry anything...
i have a 2010 versa hatch

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would take one off and bring it to your local parts store, they might not have the listing, but I am sure they can match it or come very close! I had to buy some for the cap on my old truck, only $11.00 each!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Advance auto has parts like that check with them

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate to revive old thread, but can anyone recommend a third party company that sells hatchback struts/lift for '08 versa? 2 yrs after this thread was started, all I can find are oem for $120+, same as the OP. Maybe someone can suggest another make/model that fits.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, all... just had this done on my '11 under warranty. Problem is that Nissan specs them out with the bracket integral to the strut. One end pops off a ball stud on the hatch, but the 'body' end has a small bracket through which the screws hold the assembly to the hatch rim. No good alternatives yet...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Long time problem.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If they are only asking $150, go for it. I got one from a dealer for $112, but I worked in an auto shop, and we got a discount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.