Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! So while I was looking for a coin i dropped in my car this morning, I noticed this small screw right under me, next to the underside of the driver’s seat. Does anyone have any idea with this screw could be from? Should i be worried? Everything is working fine in my car by the way, i’m just a nervous nelly about this stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
That screw is the most common screw used inside the car. Could literally be from anywhere, especially the dash.

Reactions: peter m

·
Registered
274 Posts
Aw damn, okay. Should I be worried about it?
not really...this screw is most used for interiors, like plastic parts together with other parts.
It might come from the glovebox, maybe one crew got loose.

I would check that first if you found it in the passenger's footwell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not really...this screw is most used for interiors, like plastic parts together with other parts.
It might come from the glovebox, maybe one crew got loose.

I would check that first if you found it in the passenger's footwell.
okay thanks!! but i found it in the driver’s footwell

·
Registered
274 Posts
then it probably comes from the dash or the it might be a screw from above the radio compartment.
I think it's unlikely for it to come from the shifter and there are no screws like that in the steering column as far as I know.

what's your year model?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then it probably comes from the dash or the it might be a screw from above the radio compartment.
I think it's unlikely for it to come from the shifter and there are no screws like that in the steering column as far as I know.

what's your year model?
that could be it! earlier this month i got a remote starter installed in my car, so it could definitely be from that.

i have a 2014 Versa Sedan SV (CVT)

·
Registered
274 Posts
personally I couldn't live knowing that somewhere a screw is missing :D LOL

But I don't think that just one screw should cause more than just some causal rattling...usually there are more than just one screw ike that in any given point of the car that needs that kind of screw.

Like the glovebox in mine has 8 screws like that, other plastic parts have between 2 and 4.

My take is that when installing that remote starter the installer lost a screw that fell down the dash. Somehow it made its way to the footwell and you found it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
personally I couldn't live knowing that somewhere a screw is missing :D LOL

But I don't think that just one screw should cause more than just some causal rattling...usually there are more than just one screw ike that in any given point of the car that needs that kind of screw.

Like the glovebox in mine has 8 screws like that, other plastic parts have between 2 and 4.

My take is that when installing that remote starter the installer lost a screw that fell down the dash. Somehow it made its way to the footwell and you found it.
ahh okay!! thank you so much! it will definitely bug me that a screw fell out of who knows where, but i think i’ll be okay! LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
It'll definitely be ok. There are like 30 more of those than needed on the dash. The important hardware on the dash are bolts.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts