Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing my usually Versa parts surfing on the web. I go to the Greddy site as I usually do and scroll down the new parts. Then, I see the Fit has a new exhaust so I think to myself. On the road, I see 1 Fit compared to 10 Versa's. If we figure 10 to 1 on a national average, basically makes more sense to make parts for the Versa. Versa's should easily outnumber the Fit. Secondly, I see stock Fit's while I see Versa's modified. It makes no sense what so ever that the Versa has less performance parts than the Fit.

I know we always rant on this subject, but I had to write this down to make me feel better.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
:beatdeadhorse5:

this seems to come up every week on this forum. The versa outsells the fit and yaris. The versa is not big in the tuner market. Just get custom parts made. They will be higher quality and might even be cheaper. Don't sit around and wait because you will be waiting a long time.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I agree with Rob, the Versa does out number the Fit but most Versas are driven by older people and Fits usually tend to be more attractive to tuners. :(

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I definitely see more FITs in Boston...
Even at school, with the Nissan dealer down the street, I saw more FITs around campus... (Honda is in the next town over).
It's not really debatable as there is facts to prove there are more Versa's out there then the Fit. The Versa outsells the fit no question about it.

In 2009 there were 82,906 versa's sold compared to the fits 67,315.

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
It's not really debatable as there is facts to prove there are more Versa's out there then the Fit. The Versa outsells the fit no question about it.

In 2009 there were 82,906 versa's sold compared to the fits 67,315.
Oh, right. I'm definitely NOT saying the FIT is a better seller (clearly numbers don't lie)... but on college campuses and major urban cities, I believe the FIT is the more popular car as I see more of them.

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
And the reason why you don't see more tuner bits for the VERSA is because the FIT has superior handling, bested only by the upcoming Fiesta. Let's be honest... the performance/handling of the Versa is probably its biggest weakness. A Yaris handles better. That's why you don't see performance as many parts for the AVEO, xD, Yaris, etc..

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Unless you got deep pockets to customize a great turbo kit, I/H/E is the most performance you can get for the money. Coilovers, swaybars, strutbars, bigger rims and rubber combo wouldnt be enough to be on par with a Fit with a similar setup, the Versa is a tank compared to it.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Unless you got deep pockets to customize a great turbo kit, I/H/E is the most performance you can get for the money. Coilovers, swaybars, strutbars, bigger rims and rubber combo wouldnt be enough to be on par with a Fit with a similar setup, the Versa is a tank compared to it.
Speak for yourself, my Versa weighs no more then a FIT :). The HR16DE has no power up top but great midrange. This makes for a great daily driver but no weekend racer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.