Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Versa that was in an accident. The radiator leaked the transmission oil. Radiator has been replaced but the car wont run. When I placed the car in "D" the car will only advance just a couple feet and stops. I was told by the mechanic I need to add transmission fluid. Please help, the car has not been moved in weeks. Please post a pic to where I check it. I know where the transmission pan is at. I know where the drain plug is at. But I need to know where to add oil. I have the oil pump, I also got the CVT transmission oil. These days cars dont have dipsticks.

I picture of a 2013 versa is the same as mine.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a 2014 Versa that was in an accident. The radiator leaked the transmission oil. Radiator has been replaced but the car wont run. When I placed the car in "D" the car will only advance just a couple feet and stops. I was told by the mechanic I need to add transmission fluid. Please help, the car has not been moved in weeks. Please post a pic to where I check it. I know where the transmission pan is at. I know where the drain plug is at. But I need to know where to add oil. I have the oil pump, I also got the CVT transmission oil. These days cars dont have dipsticks.

I picture of a 2013 versa is the same as mine.
I'm assuming you are talking about the CVT transmission. If so, you are right. There is no dipstick on this transmission. There is a filler and a drain plug on the transmission.

Check out this link for the service manual - Section D - Transmission/TransAxle page 17

Nissan Versa Factory Service Manuals

·
Registered
527 Posts
With what tool do I remove the filler.

Yes, I do have a CVT transmission.
Sorry I have not done this procedure myself and I should have said filler "plug". I was just reading the service manual. I would assume some type of wrench similar to the what you used to remove the drain plug.

I don't think it requires a special tool just to undo the filler plug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes you do need a hex head to remove the tube after you remove the drain plug. But in order to fill the cvt you only remove the drain plug and there is a special pump nissan uses that has an adapter that screws into to drain plug hole.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes you do need a hex head to remove the tube after you remove the drain plug. But in order to fill the cvt you only remove the drain plug and there is a special pump nissan uses that has an adapter that screws into to drain plug hole.
Versa1.6L, Do you know or think if a regular fluid transfer pump would work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You say there is no dipstick for the cvt but yet they sell them at almost any auto parts store, I personally work at autozone and I know for a fact they sell them. The dipstick is under the battery tray and incredibly hard to get out, which in my opinion was a very stupid design. I'll never buy a Nissan car of any type in my life because of that exact reason.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The dipstick is under the battery tray and incredibly hard to get out, which in my opinion was a very stupid design. I'll never buy a Nissan car of any type in my life because of that exact reason.
Really? You call it a reason not to get a Nissan? Could be other valid reasons not to get a Nissan, but not this one.
What about dropping the engine to change a spark plug - for some vehicles? That what I would call a reason.

·
Registered
550 Posts
"I'll never buy a Nissan" but I'll spread misinformation in their forums!

There is not a dipstick on the car, bit there is a special universal one that can be used. Tons are cars do this now. Try checking the engine oil level on a modern BMW.

You don't need to use a special tool to put fluid in these, but it's not easy anyway. There is a short tube on top of the transmission that you have to get the cap off of. I bust them off from underneath with a long prybar and hammer. Then use two different size funnels to get the fluid into the tube. You can't just dump fluid I to it though, there is a procedure to get the level right. Too much or too little are both bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.