Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Versa Sedan, and I'd like to add a switched 12V outlet to it to connect a dashboard camera DVR to without occupying the only outlet installed in the car. I'd also like for it to be hidden, so I don't have the cables for it running through the cabin.

I'm trying to find a good place to connect the 12V cable to. Previously, I had a satellite radio installed in the car by Best Buy, and they just wired it off a cable connected to the stereo. It looks tacky though, and I'd rather not leave it connected there in case I replace the radio in the future (which is very likely).

Is there any spare switched 12V connectors behind the radio somewhere, or do I have to run a cable to the fuse box? And if I to use the fuse box, which would be a good fuse to run it off of?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an option I considered, but that would create an always-on outlet. I need something that powers on and off with the car so that the camera would automatically start when I'm driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.