Nissan Versa Forums banner

Which engine/transmission combination do you have?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which engine/transmission configuration do you have?

What do you like/dislike about them?

Post away!

*edit* Note that this is for first gen sedans/hatches. 2nd gen sedans can have 1.6 cvts I believe.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I love my car but the 1.8 is to small/under powered and its an auto... i don't really have to go into why that's bad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the 1.8L with the MT-6. I wish the gear ratios were not so close and that 6th gear had lower RPM at 70 MPH. Typical shifting is 1-2-4-6 for about 95% of startups from a stop.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 32K miles and 33 MPG overall in 32K miles

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the 1.8L with the MT-6. I wish the gear ratios were not so close and that 6th gear had lower RPM at 70 MPH. Typical shifting is 1-2-4-6 for about 95% of startups from a stop.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 32K miles and 33 MPG overall in 32K miles
Thats about right for me as well. Though I do enjoy how close the gearing is when I am going from 1st to 6th on the on ramp to the freeway. I have to do a uturn every time I want to get on so when i reach the apex of the turn I put it into second and get into the torque band as fast as I can. I love the feeling but I get up to 65 pretty quick so I go from fourth to sixth once I hit legal.

·
Banned
455 Posts
Well I don't have a versa but I'll post my intake on my spec v qr incase any one wants to attemp the swap. I have a second gen qr25de matted with the 6 speed tranny. Strong motor. Responds very well to mods. Haven't had any issues with it at all. Love everything about it! Very powerful and reliable n/a 4 banger

·
Registered
138 Posts
1.8 6spd manual

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the sentra have an LSD? Is it really necessary to have when you have under 200 hp?
Only the Spec-V sentra gets the LSD. Thats with the 200 hp 2.5L

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good ol' 1.8 Auto although I'm not a fan of the Versa's automatic trans. I wish I got a manual instead.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
limited slip deferential it helps keep the wheels from spinning

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
LSD it's basically giving you more power to the wheels. In general only one wheel spins to get you going but with LSD the wheel with the most power always spins, but never taking power from the other. Which is good cause it gives you more power to the wheels in general.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.