Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got my Whiteline adjustable swaybar the other day, its pretty kick ass it makes a noticeable difference their are only 2 adjustments on mine i have it on medium or hard? i dont know which one it would be as its only got two lol but anyways pretty straight forward install.The only thing about it is you need some good ramps and tightening the endlinks is a pain, but other then that its all pretty good grease the heck out of everything, and dont overtighten anything and bingo honestly you figure i had the stillen strut bar it helped with the chasis flex a little to the point that i would slightly get pushed in my seats but on the medium hard setting on this swaybar... i need RACING SEATS LOL :53: ill give ya a link to it if you would like as the only guy i could find sells it in his ebay store, really fast shipping also. I know that is random but you figure if the guy could get it here that fast when it was out of stock anyways lol sorry random but anyways it kicks ASS buy one! im honestly not even going to buy lowering springs now probably will just get the ladder brace from gt spec

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
sounds pretty sweet, how long did the install take bro? i want one, but i don't have like $200+ to drop for a sway. how much did you get for yours? got any picks??? i would suggest dropping your V with a set of Tenabe springs, you will NOT regret it. makes the car handle very well and just makes it look a lot aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well you consider the time frame for me was a little off since i had to work the night before, and it was supposed to be my day off but.. that didnt happen plus there were other goodies i had to run and find to put it on... first off a set of ramps since my fatass uncle wouldnt let me borrow his lol so honestly ill get a pic as soon as i get my digital camera ,ill just say this i dont know if having lowering springs would make the perchs lower i dont think it would but i mean you maybe have a foot of ground clearance on these things... thats another reason im kinda worried about the springs. if honestly i had been awake it woulda probably took me 45 minutes, but considering as exhausted i was that i fell asleep under the car.... it took me about 3 and a half hours lol i was so exhausted when i got inside dude i tryed putting a pizza on a pizza stone in the microwave. a\anyway i paid 184 or 196 im not too sure i mean honestly this is the first thing that i really can feel a difference in the way it handles it honestly seems more stable at speed plus its fun just to cut n and out of traffic like im in a sports car :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06+-Nissan-Versa-Whiteline-Rear-Anti-Sway-Bar-20mm-Adj_W0QQitemZ310132639919QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090401?IMSfp=TL090401159010r8073 oh yeah and its a regularly stocked item so give them a holler i mean honestly i would rather have a swaybar then those gt spec cross braces... and their damn near the same price you figure the us distributor wants 248 dollars for the adjustable swaybar the one i bought came out to be around the same price as the non adjustable sorry for all the edits lol i just keep thinking of more stuff to put on here

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Have you had any problems going over speedbumps by any chance? how you liking the swaybar so far? i want one, prolly get one next month or two. and when you adjust it what makes the bar harder/stiffer? i know its adjustable but when you adjust it, does it do somehing to the actual bar?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
their are two sets of holes on either side of the swaybar one is the soft setting one is the hard setting, i havent had any problems and you probably shouldnt either because if you look under yer car you know how theirs a hole in your spring pirch the swaybar end links go thru the spring pirch. Honestly from lookin at yer lowering springs dont make the axles get any lower when you lower yer car man our lowering springs might as well be lowering blocks for a truck yer only dropping the body lower not the suspension i havent had any problems with it so far mind you, i also dont have a dropped suspension the only problem i can see is if you dont have ramps and yer car is lowered you might have slightly harder time installing them then i did, just because i used ramps and parked the front of the car on a hill and i did it when it was flat also when i had to relube everything and let me tell you if yall are lowered you may have a little more trouble getting up thru the springs to tighten the swaybar endlinks but other then that, man i love it honestly the only thing thats holding my car back handling wise now is the tires you figure with the swaybar its helping my car hook up a bit which is funny to me considering this bar is on the rear of the car it isnt on the front you would assume a fwd wouldnt hook up any better with a rear swaybar but it does itll spin em all the way thru second gear now but it handles well i put it on the hardest setting i would suggest using the soft setting until yer used to it man. sorry for the bad punctuation too tired to think straight about it lol oh yeah sorry tango forgot to answer yer question the way you adjust the swaybar it with those two sets of holes it puts more tension on the swaybar atleast from what i can figure out so its more or less just keeping everything tied together think of a strutbar that mounts to yer axle and springs that all it about is

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you wouldn't happen to have pix of the sway bar installed on teh car would you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
#1Tango
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing