Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a 2012 sedan with manual transmission? How do you like it? Very curious:woot:

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I haven't driven one but I finally seen the 5spd cluster on the 2012. No tach is a huge fail for me. Wonder if the speed sensor and all the wiring in intact so you can just swap a cluster in with a tach.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i got one a few months ago and love it..the cvt keeps getting bad ratings..personally i think manual is the way to go because theyre much more fun
also if youve driven a few manual cars you know the rmps just by the sound, i dont even pay attention to my dash while i drive anymore

·
Registered
2 Posts
The manual transmission versa is great. It gets great mileage, shifts fine for an eco box, and the base trim really isn't THAT bad. I've added 2 rear speakers and that's it so far. 1800 or so miles on the car and no complaints.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a manual hatchback and it's a fun ride. The shifting could be a little smoother but the power is great. For me a stick shift was the only option with these small motors. It hauls ass up the hills and having a 6 spd is a plus.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got one myself. Shift feel is very smooth and easy. I came from a Dodge Neon with a 5 speed, and the Nissan is way better. I just filled up with a gallon left. MPG average for the last tank was 34.6.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The manual transmission versa is great. It gets great mileage, shifts fine for an eco box, and the base trim really isn't THAT bad. I've added 2 rear speakers and that's it so far. 1800 or so miles on the car and no complaints.
I want to add rear speakers to mine. What's all involved? Is it easy?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I haven't driven one but I finally seen the 5spd cluster on the 2012. No tach is a huge fail for me. Wonder if the speed sensor and all the wiring in intact so you can just swap a cluster in with a tach.
Which version is that? I have a '12 sedan S, with the 5spd, and it has a tach-and it's even the bargain guage cluster- not the 'fine vision' cluster in the higher trim levels.

I like the 5 spd tranny, I never drove a versa cvt but in my stripped down model I wanted some enjoyment outta driving it! Lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here it is. I just checked the brochure and the tach is standard on all models. Maybe it's a Canadian market thing??

·
Registered
216 Posts
I want that! Apparently it's not in the US, I'm gonna have to go up to my dealership and see what they can do, if all else fails I'm ordering one from Canada haha.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The unlit box in the lower right hand corner shows the trip, mpg, gas, ect. but ya there's no tachometer. At first I didn't notice and after I did I still was like "oh whatever I know when to shift it doesn't matter" but now it's just annoying not being able to see my RPM's! haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, that's surprising, and I'm confused. I thought it was odd that they would design and engineer 2 different clusters, now I see they've done THREE! Wouldn't it save costs, and offer better interiors for all if they just used the nice one only??!?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
@ NewNissanNupson...

Oh true, I know what you mean. I was close to buying a base model Corolla and stalled out like 3 times because I didnt know how to shift by ear or however its called.

·
Registered
216 Posts
@stumbler You would think so right? I guess as long as people will pay more to look better that's all that matters. haha

@I <3 MY HR16DE Ya I was forced to learn how to drive with a manual so it's just natural to me now. I do stall out a lot though because of my subs and how slow the versa is haha it's so hard not to over rev this thing on take off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I looked in the manuel and they show two different clusters, they BOTH have a tachometer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my 2012 SV manual. I have the fancy ( if you wanna call it that) cluster too. I do find that first gear whines alot more then i expected when your coasting to a stop. Other then that no complains I average 5.7-6.0L per 100 km or 41-43 MPG

1 - 20 of 34 Posts