Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a 2012 sedan with manual transmission? How do you like it? Very curious:woot:

· Premium Member
3,279 Posts
I haven't driven one but I finally seen the 5spd cluster on the 2012. No tach is a huge fail for me. Wonder if the speed sensor and all the wiring in intact so you can just swap a cluster in with a tach.

· Registered
216 Posts
i got one a few months ago and love it..the cvt keeps getting bad ratings..personally i think manual is the way to go because theyre much more fun
also if youve driven a few manual cars you know the rmps just by the sound, i dont even pay attention to my dash while i drive anymore

· Registered
2 Posts
The manual transmission versa is great. It gets great mileage, shifts fine for an eco box, and the base trim really isn't THAT bad. I've added 2 rear speakers and that's it so far. 1800 or so miles on the car and no complaints.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a manual hatchback and it's a fun ride. The shifting could be a little smoother but the power is great. For me a stick shift was the only option with these small motors. It hauls ass up the hills and having a 6 spd is a plus.

· Registered
63 Posts
I haven't driven one but I finally seen the 5spd cluster on the 2012. No tach is a huge fail for me. Wonder if the speed sensor and all the wiring in intact so you can just swap a cluster in with a tach.
Which version is that? I have a '12 sedan S, with the 5spd, and it has a tach-and it's even the bargain guage cluster- not the 'fine vision' cluster in the higher trim levels.

I like the 5 spd tranny, I never drove a versa cvt but in my stripped down model I wanted some enjoyment outta driving it! Lol.

· Registered
63 Posts
Here it is. I just checked the brochure and the tach is standard on all models. Maybe it's a Canadian market thing??

· Registered
216 Posts
The unlit box in the lower right hand corner shows the trip, mpg, gas, ect. but ya there's no tachometer. At first I didn't notice and after I did I still was like "oh whatever I know when to shift it doesn't matter" but now it's just annoying not being able to see my RPM's! haha

· Registered
63 Posts
Wow, that's surprising, and I'm confused. I thought it was odd that they would design and engineer 2 different clusters, now I see they've done THREE! Wouldn't it save costs, and offer better interiors for all if they just used the nice one only??!?

· Premium Member
4,543 Posts
@ NewNissanNupson...

Oh true, I know what you mean. I was close to buying a base model Corolla and stalled out like 3 times because I didnt know how to shift by ear or however its called.

· Registered
216 Posts
@stumbler You would think so right? I guess as long as people will pay more to look better that's all that matters. haha

@I <3 MY HR16DE Ya I was forced to learn how to drive with a manual so it's just natural to me now. I do stall out a lot though because of my subs and how slow the versa is haha it's so hard not to over rev this thing on take off.

· Registered
7 Posts
I love my 2012 SV manual. I have the fancy ( if you wanna call it that) cluster too. I do find that first gear whines alot more then i expected when your coasting to a stop. Other then that no complains I average 5.7-6.0L per 100 km or 41-43 MPG

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.