Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who works at a Nissan, any chance you could find out the part number for the alarm? I want to contact my dealership and it would be easier if I had a part number to give them. I want to see if the 2010's here happened to get an alarm, and if so if they would install it on my 08. As of last year, it was not a part on Nissan Canada's catalogue :(

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the basic alarm to begin with though.

Any part number for the alarm system first? I know people added on the Alarm Impact Sensor to their pre-existing factory alarm.

·
Registered
927 Posts
blah i just finished reading your other thread and you don't want to get an after market :p one thing i can you though alarm system wouldn't hurt the car at all... it wouldn't void your warranty they will say it will void part of it but it actually wouldn't unless they can say that the alarm system is emitting crazy sound waves that jacked up your mirrors and it cracked it :p if thats the case then they will have to prove it and if proven then they wouldnt fix your mirrors :p but everything else on the car is protected by the warranty.

·
Registered
354 Posts
are you talking about just the standard car alarm?
example window down and you reach in and unlock the door
the alarm that would normally go off?
you should look at some aftermarket systems...
prettty cheap deals and alarm systems that are better than stock...

ill look up the information for you tonight or tomorrow though
=)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you talking about just the standard car alarm?
example window down and you reach in and unlock the door
the alarm that would normally go off?
you should look at some aftermarket systems...
prettty cheap deals and alarm systems that are better than stock...

ill look up the information for you tonight or tomorrow though
=)
Thanks for all your help.

Again, no non-Nissan alarm will be put in unless the dealership will do it. They were pretty clear in their email to me that it could void my warranty. They are the dealership I deal w/ so I don't want to go against what they say and lose out on the rest of my 5 years on the warranty.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know one thing i didn't like about the stock one, is one time my hubby locked the door while I was sitting waiting on him (not sure why lol) and I opened the door from the inside to let in the outside air (it got a bit toasty) and it set the alarm off lol

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol ... Ya see I want that to happen (not that I will be locking people inside my car), but I really would like an alarm. My brother's 09 SE-R didn't come w/ one either.
Nissan Canada is just off its rocker sometimes.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is this still needed?
No I don't need the alarm anymore. I found out that the car has some sort of alarm. I have set it off twice.

I had locked my car at a show with all the windows down. I went to open the door by hitting unlock inside the door. When I opened the door the horn started honking. It happened at home and when I was visiting someone. So I guess she doesn't like to have her doors opened up without using the key fob.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
No I don't need the alarm anymore. I found out that the car has some sort of alarm. I have set it off twice.

I had locked my car at a show with all the windows down. I went to open the door by hitting unlock inside the door. When I opened the door the horn started honking. It happened at home and when I was visiting someone. So I guess she doesn't like to have her doors opened up without using the key fob.
Its cause you brought her to some oldies retro car show. She felt like she didnt belong. Mine on the other hand, kept his mouth shut lol.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its cause you brought her to some oldies retro car show. She felt like she didnt belong. Mine on the other hand, kept his mouth shut lol.
Haha very funny. Your car is younger than mine! So I guess she doesn't belong in the driveway then either because she did that at home. She was pissed she was outside !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts