Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why can't Versaworld be the logo for www.nissanversaforums.com

nissanversa.org has their logo as exactly the same name. My feeling is I won't buy anything with a .com or a .org on it. When people see a picture of an unmodded V on a t-shirt, it isn't intriguing. Now jazz up the V and put a legitimate logo on it like 'Versaworld' and maybe it might be something to purchase. Look, it doesn't have to be Versaworld but make the damm thing sellable and knock the air out of the competition. If you don't think forward and beyond then you stay in back of the line without a paddle. Nissanversa.org has become redundant and right now is the time to turn it up and blow up those guys. Just my .02. Ciao.

Went to www.copyrights.com and typed in versaworld. This forum came up with previous thread. Pretty cool I think.Versaworld isn't copyrighted.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
We could copyright all the names that you mentioned. But what's the point of that?

About the logo for the website, alot of these car forums I'm checking out don't have a logo to represent their site. Some do however, it could only benefit us in the long run if we designed it. The thing is, I can design the logo but I don't have any saying whether or not it will be official or not. There are other members on here who believe we don't need one, others do. If we had a vote on it, I guarantee it wouldn't pass. Besides that, it's just going to cause issues in the long run if it's brought up again. Appreciate what we have, it's better than not having NVF.com at all.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Starting today, nobody will create or talk about name changing threads. We're going to stay with the current website domain name for a reason. If a thread is created about that subject, it will be deleted. This is a fair warning.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to create clientele, I'm letting you know that a t-shirt with www.nvf.com and a pic of an average looking V is not going to do it. Nicoclub can't even sell their stupid merchandise, how is www.nvf.com gonna pull it off. First of all, A Versa isn't intriguing enough to wear as clothing unless is a pretty cool design. And showing a picture of a routine Versa with some blocks won't sell enough to make up the print costs. How about this. I will hit a couple print places and throw the idea around with some awesome modded Vs and a logo. How about listing the nvf website on the t-shirt somewhere but have an awesome logo under the modded V. Anyway the subject is over so that's good. Let me @ least post the different t-shirt designs I come up with okay. Ciao.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
If you want to create clientele, I'm letting you know that a t-shirt with www.nvf.com and a pic of an average looking V is not going to do it. Nicoclub can't even sell their stupid merchandise, how is www.nvf.com gonna pull it off. First of all, A Versa isn't intriguing enough to wear as clothing unless is a pretty cool design. And showing a picture of a routine Versa with some blocks won't sell enough to make up the print costs. How about this. I will hit a couple print places and throw the idea around with some awesome modded Vs and a logo. How about listing the nvf website on the t-shirt somewhere but have an awesome logo under the modded V. Anyway the subject is over so that's good. Let me @ least post the different t-shirt designs I come up with okay. Ciao.
don't use NVF.com anywhere. That is a totally different website. We say NVF here because it's easier to type but our URL isn't NVF.com. We are not in the business of selling merchandise. A car forum is for members to interact with other people with the same interest. To share information and gain knowledge. Or at least it should be.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
yes the shirts that we are putting together we are not looking to make anything on, just enough for the merch

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
It would be nice to make a profit though. That could go towards the site and possibly upgrade it or hold raffle drawings for prizes and stuff. Just some ideas don't hurt.

·
Registered
867 Posts
don't use NVF.com anywhere. That is a totally different website. We say NVF here because it's easier to type but our URL isn't NVF.com. We are not in the business of selling merchandise. A car forum is for members to interact with other people with the same interest. To share information and gain knowledge. Or at least it should be.
:iagree: :ihih:

·
Registered
452 Posts
it seems like its gone a little stale around here lately

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
it seems like its gone a little stale around here lately

We will find our nitch. Problem with a new forum is everyone has a vision of what they want it to be. We need to just push forward and compromise and the forum will establish itself. There is alot of people who want name changes and logo's and new banners etc. Me personally want write ups, installs with pics, part numbers. I mean I just want useful info here on this forum that the average Joe who bought a Versa (which is like 90+% of V owners) can log on and be of some use to him or her. That person isn't going to care about springs, exhausts, bodykits, grills etc. But they are going to care about fixing the clunk, dash rattles, why there air bag light is flashing, how to change the sparkplugs, in cabin filter, oil and even which kind of parts to buy. Not to mention where to find the best deals on Versa parts.

I think we all just need a :grouphug: and continue on to help make this the best Versa forum for "everyone". Tuners and the average Joe.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
We will find our nitch. Problem with a new forum is everyone has a vision of what they want it to be. We need to just push forward and compromise and the forum will establish itself. There is alot of people who want name changes and logo's and new banners etc. Me personally want write ups, installs with pics, part numbers. I mean I just want useful info here on this forum that the average Joe who bought a Versa (which is like 90+% of V owners) can log on and be of some use to him or her. That person isn't going to care about springs, exhausts, bodykits, grills etc. But they are going to care about fixing the clunk, dash rattles, why there air bag light is flashing, how to change the sparkplugs, in cabin filter, oil and even which kind of parts to buy. Not to mention where to find the best deals on Versa parts.

I think we all just need a :grouphug: and continue on to help make this the best Versa forum for "everyone". Tuners and the average Joe.
I agree with that statement. We need to appeal to the average Joe Versa owner and appeal to the 'advanced' tuner crowd. The problem with that is there will be a lot of members and alot of changes/implements needed in order to meet common ground. What we can do, is look for every possible DIY or write up on how to get a certain task fixed. We're already doing that, but with the amount of members we have, its been rather slow. People who are into tuning, should post more pictures and take the risks needed to build credibility. People will come here, we need to establish that however.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts