Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original tire pressure is 33 psi, back in July I got a update notice in the mail they are increasing the pressure to 36 psi.

Why the change?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Original tire pressure is 33 psi, back in July I got a update notice in the mail they are increasing the pressure to 36 psi.

Why the change?
may be a voluntary recall as im pretty sure all the Note's are supposed to have their tire psi at 36psi, i know that is the way mine came and also what is stated on the information panel on the inside of my door jam as far as what psi to fill the tires to. it may be that they had a batch of Note's go out that had the wrong information printed on that label and they are just trying to rectify the situation or they may just be doing it to increase the fuel economy over the entire trim line range.

·
Registered
527 Posts
My OCD in me kicked in so I had to check the owner manual that came with the car (printed Aug 2013) and it specifies 33psi for US and 36psi for Canada, confirming the door jam label's 33.

The owner's manual I downloaded online shows 36psi for both US and Canada just like your letter.

You did not mention them sending you a new door jam sticker, did they? If not, I guess its not that big an issue to warrant a "recall". Still wondering why I did not get a notice. Feeling left out :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My OCD in me kicked in so I had to check the owner manual that came with the car (printed Aug 2013) and it specifies 33psi for US and 36psi for Canada, confirming the door jam label's 33.

The owner's manual I downloaded online shows 36psi for both US and Canada just like your letter.

You did not mention them sending you a new door jam sticker, did they? If not, I guess its not that big an issue to warrant a "recall". Still wondering why I did not get a notice. Feeling left out :(
Well, stop by your Nissan dealer and tell them about it, try to get some free stuff while you're there!:grin

·
Registered
690 Posts
Probably fuel economy reasons for CAFE, but increasing tire pressure is a scale of diminishing returns. I get people all the time that set their tire pressure unecessarily high thinking the higher the better. Although it does depend on tire brand too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just don't exceed what's listed on the tire too much. The tires I have now have a max of 44psi, but I keep them between 33-35, a bit lower in winter. They're hard as hell to begin with, I can't imagine how bad the handling would be running them at 44psi.

beyond efficiency there's a good bit of performance dictated by the tires (handling and comfort, tire life). could be with the soft suspension, the tires roll onto their shoulders a bit excessively during turns, and increasing the pressure keeps them better planted..

/shrugs/ whatever the reason, a mail notice is certainly no reason to be overly concerned.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just don't exceed what's listed on the tire too much. The tires I have now have a max of 44psi, but I keep them between 33-35, a bit lower in winter. They're hard as hell to begin with, I can't imagine how bad the handling would be running them at 44psi.

beyond efficiency there's a good bit of performance dictated by the tires (handling and comfort, tire life). could be with the soft suspension, the tires roll onto their shoulders a bit excessively during turns, and increasing the pressure keeps them better planted..

/shrugs/ whatever the reason, a mail notice is certainly no reason to be overly concerned.
Since the Versa is an cheap "point A to B" EconoBox, I would say it is for efficiency.:angel

Reactions: NecosNote
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.