Nissan Versa Forums banner

Will non chipped key open door?

Tags
key
7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mystic Dream 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Versa Note S (base model).

I am new to chipped keys, and I have some concerns.

I would be extremely easy to accidently lock the key in the car. Just bump the door with that latch thing turned the wrong way, and I'm screwed.

I would like to keep a non-chipped key in my wallet. I think that would, at least, open the door. Would that work?

#4 ·
sorry to say, but it's not the car itself that is the limitation...you go to any place that makes keys and they will tell you the same thing, you can not get a copy of a key made for a car that was just released on to the market especially when it has a transponder chip in it. did you not get a second key with the car or something as you should have as that would easily solve your bitching about being locked out of your car accidentally. sorry if it sounds rude, but you have done nothing but complain about your POS since coming on to these boards and everyone tries to help you, but you have a seemingly endless list of complaints with the car that no one will ever be able to solve. i understand some of the complaints, but alot of them leave me wondering what you expected out of an economy car that is almost the cheapest on the market right now save for one other option. at this point my advice would be to just cut your losses and go back and find another ford festiva or see if you can get yours back as you were obviously happy with it and you will obviously never be happy with the Note. In any case i really do hope you get your problems resolved one way or another as long as you are happy with your choice that's all that really matters.

#5 ·
Amen to that. A regular key will unlock door, but factory alarm may still sound when you open the door until you insert your chip key in the ignition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.