Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reason I ask is, I recently bought a 2015 Versa 1.6S that came with a winter set of wheels/tires. The winter wheels do not have TPMSs on them, but I'd like to add them because my kids will be using this car. Is it wishful thinking that the vehicle will remember 8 sensors and not require a reprogram every swap?

I know with my 2017 Ram 1500 and pretty much all later model (2015+) FCA vehicles will automatically recognize and work with any new TPMS, provided it's an OEM sensor of the right part number. Totally plug-n-play, no intervention required. I've got winter and summer wheels/tires for my truck and the system is flawless. Love this system. It's something FCA got right!

With the later Subarus I've owned, the vehicle will only store 4 TPMSs at a time. Swapping from your summer to winter wheels would require a TPMS reprogram every time. Total PITA.

Is cloning new sensors a possibility? I know there's outfits online that will do this if you provide them with ID#s of the 4 you have.

I did search for this! Thanks.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thinking not. I went to '16 service manual and no word about it and the sensors can only be updated using consult.

https://forums.nicoclub.com/

You can look further, go there, register for free and the service manuals are available in sections for free using the link on home page at top. Plug in car and year and tires are section WT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing