Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can anyone please give me an idea why my 2007 Nissan Versa SL 1.8L Sedan Windshield defroster vents are not blowing air? Also, I noticed the floor vents are not blowing when I put the heat on! ALL dash vent blow air! Please HELP.:(:eek::mad:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree that it's probably a blend door problem. I've never looked on my Versa but lots of cars the blend door is operated by a cable from the heat/a/c directional controller on the dash. Often that cable runs down to the right side underneath the dash just left of the passengers feet somewhere near where the heat comes out. I have seen the cable come loose or the switching mechanism break and the cable just be hanging loose. Look around that area on both the drivers side and passengers side just right and left of the console area and see if you see a cable hanging loose by chance. If so look around and see if you can figure out where it's supposed to go and whether it has simply come loose or if something is broken. I had the end break off the cable on a car I used to have and had to reach below the dash and change it manually. Rather than tear into the dash and try to replace the cable and re-route it in the summer when I was using a/c I had it blowing out the dash vents. As soon as cool weather would set in I'd switch it to defrost and leave it there for the winter. Changing directions manually twice a year was easier than trying to fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a problem with the blend door. It's the device that directs the flow of air.
Thank you guys, I've researched the part and it is very difficult to find! I've searched all over the internet, any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that it's probably a blend door problem. I've never looked on my Versa but lots of cars the blend door is operated by a cable from the heat/a/c directional controller on the dash. Often that cable runs down to the right side underneath the dash just left of the passengers feet somewhere near where the heat comes out. I have seen the cable come loose or the switching mechanism break and the cable just be hanging loose. Look around that area on both the drivers side and passengers side just right and left of the console area and see if you see a cable hanging loose by chance. If so look around and see if you can figure out where it's supposed to go and whether it has simply come loose or if something is broken. I had the end break off the cable on a car I used to have and had to reach below the dash and change it manually. Rather than tear into the dash and try to replace the cable and re-route it in the summer when I was using a/c I had it blowing out the dash vents. As soon as cool weather would set in I'd switch it to defrost and leave it there for the winter. Changing directions manually twice a year was easier than trying to fix it.
Great advice! Since I've recently purchased the vehicle, I'm going to put it in the dealers hands. Because he had his mechanic replace the AC/Heat control unit! The mechanic probably didn't reconnect the cable! I'll keep you guys posted on the diagnosis! ?????

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great advice! Since I've recently purchased the vehicle, I'm going to put it in the dealers hands. Because he had his mechanic replace the AC/Heat control unit! The mechanic probably didn't reconnect the cable! I'll keep you guys posted on the diagnosis! ?????
I would bet it's the mechanic's fault. Probably didn't hook it back up therefore nothing to move the blend door and redirect the air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts