Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little research and I guess your not supposed to push any frozen snow or ice from your car as it can damage the paint. Well I usually just try to push it off with my gloves as I didn't think it would do any harm. I just thought I would see what you guys thought about it. And yes I do wax my car if that adds to anything.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
when the doors are froozen I push little by little until the ice breaks, the rest I let it melt as the car warms up. if there's only snow, then its okay to remove

·
Registered
446 Posts
I stop in those do-it-yourself car washes, pump in a dollar and rinse/blow it off. Takes 2 minutes and keeps it kinda clean in the winter.

Edit: Just don't blast the water into door seals and whatnot and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If the one near my house was that cheap id do it too. It costs me 5 bucks for a 5 minute car wash.. I do all mine at home and it is a pain in the butt. Its either that or I wait until one of the local highschool clubs does a car wash, but they never do a really good job.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys somehow they said frozen snow can have crystals that will scratch your car. I usually only deal with ice when it's on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
on my old dakota I had I never cared lol but on the v I just clear most of the snow but dont wipe it right down to the paint so I dont scratch it

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Up here, 12 inches of snow is common during a storm, and I usually just wipe it off with my arms or a snow brush. I scrape the windshield/windows/mirrors and if there's any hard stuff on the car I just leave it to melt when the sun comes out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have a huge slab of frozen ice or snow covering my cars roof. It's been their for about 4 or 5 days.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I use the kitchen broom

·
Registered
613 Posts
lol I am OCD as with the other guy and I just don't want to damage my car as this is my first car.
trust me I was the same way when I got my v, but then i realized I couldn't fix every ding or scratch.. -_- lol i've adopted the if I cant see it, its not there method :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
The way I deal with this is to live in California. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts