Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best winter tire, I have had my versa for a while but recently moved and have some serious hair pin turns.

I am pretty well versed in driving in winter but lately getting going and trying to drive through a college campus without killing a student.
(professors are fair game)

I'm curious I've searched tirerack.com but want the versa's community input if possible.

Thank You

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have conti-pro Contact 86h R16 all seasons on mine. Came with my Versa Hatchback. Only replaced one due to that boulder I ran over on Interstate 78 West a couple months ago. I drive from NYC to New Jersey 60 miles round trip every day. This will be the second winter for me and they handled pretty good. But I reccomend you search on the internet. My new one cost me $200 from the tire shop. But I found it for for about $140 on-line. Don't have that info right now, but when I get home I will post it. Same for the wheels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bfg winter slalom , hankook i-pike, michelin x-ice, Bridgestone Blizzak are good options for winter tires . I personally bought Michelin x-ice for my versa and Michelin arctic alpine for my Volvo c70 .

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
My versa has dean wintercat tires. They cost me like 65 dollars each and I think they go great, although I guess I don't have all that much to compare them to. Mine are not studded and if the snow is really packed down hard (like after the plow goes by and leaves a nice layer over the tar) I can get stuck if I'm on a steep enough hill.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Falkens
Previous set on my Sentra were softer than these, cheap off-brand and very noisy. Imo get Falkens, or a well known brand that's not bottom-of-the-barrel cheap and not crazy expensive. And get them soon cuz they run out of stock faster than i thought! hope it helps. 08v

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow..... Tons of choices...

I've broken it down to the Bridgestone Blizzak & Michelin X-Ice

If you have these tires:
1. How is the ride comfort??
2. How well do they handle on corners? (Using common sense of course)

Thanks
I checked local places still have both in stock.

Price isn't a huge concern as I feel tires are one of the smartest and safest things you can put on your Versa!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.