Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks..
We have a 2017 Versa Note SL. The all season's on it are 195/55-16

I have a chance to purchase some lightly used Toyo G3 Ice 185/65/15 on Nissan steel wheels.

Will the 15 inch wheels fit on my SL..??

Will using these tires improve or take away from performance in the winter conditions..??

Does anyone have any experience with Toyo G3 Ice snow tires..??

Thanks a lot.. !!!

Mig

·
Registered
620 Posts
First, check your local laws regarding studded tires BEFORE YOU BUY.
If all is legal, as long as it is a 4x100mm bolt pattern, it will fit. 185/65/15 is the factory 15 inch size, so no worries there.
Studded tires are illegal where I am, so no comment on the tires themselves.

Reactions: Miguanos

·
Registered
314 Posts
They'll be fine. When I purchased my 2015 versa sedan used in 2019 from it's original owner, it came with the OEM 15s and a set of 15" steelies with bridgestone winterforce snows on it. The only pain is the winter set doesn't have TPMS sensors in them so the tire pressure light is on all winter which is like 5 months out of the year for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey folks..
We have a 2017 Versa Note SL. The all season's on it are 195/55-16

I have a chance to purchase some lightly used Toyo G3 Ice 185/65/15 on Nissan steel wheels.

Will the 15 inch wheels fit on my SL..??

Will using these tires improve or take away from performance in the winter conditions..??

Does anyone have any experience with Toyo G3 Ice snow tires..??

Thanks a lot.. !!!

Mig
1. 195x55 16 and 185x65 15 have the same circumference of ~24.5” so there will be no speedometer inaccuracy.
2. I presume that wheel 4 bolt pattern and wheel offset should be the same (both Nissan Versa?) so no concerns with fitment.
3. 185x65 tires in general and snow tires specifically will not perform (handling, braking) as well on dry roads as summer tires.
4. Snow tires can be a help in cold, icy conditions since the tire rubber will remain softer and get better traction.
5. Snow tires on dry summer roads will get poor tread life compared to a normal mud&snow tire.
6. I have no Toyo G3 experience.
I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts