Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the problem is that not to many people know of us... and another thing is that people like to roll stock... the majority of versa owners i see on the road are older...
I roll stock because I'm poor and my wife would slice and dice me if i bought the mods I want....too many years of wasting money on modding cars is caught up with me :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
lol...I think I am blesses because my "wife" wants to get the following:

Tint, Sticker Kit, Carbon Fiber Hood (VSII), Spoiler and Rims!!!

So far she let me get the 5Zigen Super 6's with Falken Azenis Tires and the sport spoiler....soon she is going to tell me to get tint and a sticker kit, then this summer I should be getting the VSII Seibon CF Hood. She awesome and has the same tastes!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
wow, you are lucky.. when i got my header and put it on the car my gf said that i could have spent the money on a date... im really gonna spend like $360 on a date? come on now...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol...I think I am blesses because my "wife" wants to get the following:

Tint, Sticker Kit, Carbon Fiber Hood (VSII), Spoiler and Rims!!!

So far she let me get the 5Zigen Super 6's with Falken Azenis Tires and the sport spoiler....soon she is going to tell me to get tint and a sticker kit, then this summer I should be getting the VSII Seibon CF Hood. She awesome and has the same tastes!!
lol, that is a sweet deal.....then again, my wife is helping me save for a 350Z :p

She said that since i have 4 jobs and work everyday of the week, I probably deserve a nice ride XD

·
Registered
91 Posts
MileHigh - You always mention voiding your warranty. I'm not sure what it's like over there in CO but here you can do alot with out voiding your warranty or rather the entire warranty. Someone here may know the specific vehicle code or maybe I'll look it up when I need it. The gist of it is that putting say new wheels on your car will only void the warranty that covers tires or putting new shocks on can void the suspension but not the engine. You should look into this and see if CO has a similar vehicle code so you can get started on some of the things you want to do.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
42-4-233. Alteration of suspension system.

(1) No person shall operate a motor vehicle of a type required to be registered under the laws of this state upon a public highway with either the rear or front suspension system altered or changed from the manufacturer's original design except in accordance with specifications permitting such alteration established by the department. Nothing contained in this section shall prevent the installation of manufactured heavy duty equipment to include shock absorbers and overload springs, nor shall anything contained in this section prevent a person from operating a motor vehicle on a public highway with normal wear of the suspension system if normal wear shall not affect the control of the vehicle.

(2) This section shall not apply to motor vehicles designed or modified primarily for off-highway racing purposes, and such motor vehicles may be lawfully towed on the highways of this state.

(3) Any person who violates any provision of this section commits a class 2 misdemeanor traffic offense.

Source: L. 94: Entire title amended with relocations, p. 2267, § 1, effective January 1, 1995.

Editor's note: This section was formerly numbered as 42-4-232 and the former section 42-4-233 was relocated to section 42-4-234.

Cross references: For the penalty for class 2 misdemeanor traffic offenses, see § 42-4-1701 (3)(a)(II).

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
42-4-225. Mufflers - prevention of noise.

(1) Every motor vehicle subject to registration and operated on a highway shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, and no such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cut-off, bypass, or similar device. No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle, and such original muffler shall comply with all of the requirements of this section.

(1.5) Any commercial vehicle, as defined in section 42-4-235 (1) (a), subject to registration and operated on a highway, that is equipped with an engine compression brake device is required to have a muffler.

(2) A muffler is a device consisting of a series of chamber or baffle plates or other mechanical design for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine and effective in reducing noise.

(3) Any person who violates subsection (1) of this section commits a class B traffic infraction. Any person who violates subsection (1.5) of this section shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine of five hundred dollars. Fifty percent of any fine for a violation of subsection (1.5) of this section occurring within the corporate limits of a city or town, or within the unincorporated area of a county, shall be transmitted to the treasurer or chief financial officer of said city, town, or county, and the remaining fifty percent shall be transmitted to the state treasurer, credited to the highway users tax fund, and allocated and expended as specified in section 43-4-205 (5.5) (a), C.R.S.

(4) This section shall not apply to electric motor vehicles.

Source: L. 94: Entire title amended with relocations, p. 2260, § 1, effective January 1, 1995. L. 97: (4) added, p. 393, § 2, effective August 6. L. 2000: (1.5) added and (3) amended, p. 1100, § 1, effective August 2. L. 2005: (3) amended, p. 149, § 26, effective April 5.

Editor's note: This section was formerly numbered as 42-4-222 and the former section 42-4-225 was relocated to section 42-4-228.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In Australia, you mod it, it's defectable. End of story. If it didn't come out of the factory like it, it's modded, its illegal.

Most insurance companies use the same strategy, expecially when they don't want to pay out your claim.

If you want a legal mod, spend a small fortune on an engineers report, like i did with a previous car of mine. Cost me a fortune, but since the car was about 28% original it was needed.

The look on the coppers faces when you bring out that laminated sheet..... :p

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
if you really want to stay leagal... pay out the ass for nismo suspension... which is pretty much the tanabe springs and adjustable tokiko shocks... and the nismo axel back which is pretty much the stillen... oh did i mention that you would have to get these from JAPAN!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if you really want to stay leagal... pay out the ass for nismo suspension... which is pretty much the tanabe springs and adjustable tokiko shocks... and the nismo axel back which is pretty much the stillen... oh did i mention that you would have to get these from JAPAN!
It's crap that over here that's still illegal, maybe I should live in Japan. You can do all sorts of crazy shit and they have TV shows that teach women how to have sex.....I friggen love Japan already! lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.