Nissan Versa Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I changed my Nissan latio 2009 computer box and had it reprogrammed. Afterwards I started the car but it would not rev past 2800 revpm. It's top speed only gets to 40 km/hr. I'm not sure what's wrong.
Is its shuddering at 2800 rpm like in my video? Is the check engine light still on? I still havnt fixed my issue yet as I'm not sure what the problem really is. I have p1650 code.. I need help please

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd say we make a new thread for Xavier since it gets confusing and could be totally unrelated.

What is the description on your code reader for p1650? I'm not seeing anything in the manual on it.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
103 Posts
I'd say we make a new thread for Xavier since it gets confusing and could be totally unrelated.

What is the description on your code reader for p1650? I'm not seeing anything in the manual on it.
I think there is already another thread on this P1650 code.

I did some digging in some of my manuals (and other sources); I did find one reference to a bad crankshaft position sensor for that code.

Could a bad crankshaft position sensor cause this shuddering (that the poster describes)??

·
Registered
322 Posts
My concern is that this is not a us car and not knowing if it's all the same. Google shows numerous definitions for the code, so we want to know what it is on their specific car.

I don't know if it could cause that and there is a specific code for the crank sensor, p0335 I believe. And remember that a code does not tell you what has failed, so wiring is always a factor.

That's the trouble with this stuff. How deep does the person want to go with diagnosing it? What's their skill level? Do they want a magic bullet fix and just want to fire parts at it and cross fingers it's not wiring? Lots of factors.

I would want to see data when it's happening. What is the mixture doing? Is it misfire at that time?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your cat is plugged and needs to be replaced.
When you do replace it, DO NOT go with the cheapest one. Make sure the cat is OBD II compliant, or you will run into a bunch of problems.
What kind of problems are we talking about here? I bought a versa with 135 and it threw a 420 code on me so I replaced the catalytic converter with one from RockAuto it was a walker brand said it was a OEM replacement. I was having the symptoms of a misfire and a bad cat but I'm still having the same symptoms of a misfire and a bad cat and I've got new coil packs and new catalytic converter and a new O2 sensor I have tested my throttle body throttle position sensor which is all in one unit idle air control valve PCV valve mass air flow sensor my relays and all the other sensors switches connections anywhere in between it also told me I had a vacuum leak but I can't find one anywhere and I'm a pretty decent mechanic I'd like to think for general repairs I don't normally have problems fixing things on the car so this has me stumped please help me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Do you have a carb emissions car? Check the sticker under the hood. If so, your convertor is for a min carb vehicle, since rock doesn't sell carb cats for most cars.

·
Registered
322 Posts
No, but I'm wondering if one with less substrate material could produce a cat efficiency code? You probably already know that misfires destroy cats.

A basic scantool that can read live data will tell you if you have a vacuum leak and whether it's running lean or rich. Any possibility of a small exhaust leak at the front pipe flange? You might not even notice it, but they go bad all the time and the A/F sensor makes unnecessary adjustments. You said you changed the o2 sensor, but the A/F is responsible for mixture changes. To test them you have to watch their voltage and create a lean condition, like pull a vacuum line. It should instantly go up. The opposite should happen with a rich condition, like WOT run or unlit propane into the intake. O2 sensors voltage responds the opposite direction, but that is the test for both of them.

Have you checked compression yet, or mode 6 data on a basic scan tool for misfire counts that could lead you to a cylinder?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts