Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 Versa wont start. I turn the ignition and it clicks but wont start. I can jump it and it will start and run fine. i checked the voltage on the battery and its fine but as soon as i turn the car off (even after driving for a long time) it wont start again unless jumped. Could it just be a bad battery?

·
Registered
903 Posts
My 09 Versa wont start. I turn the ignition and it clicks but wont start. I can jump it and it will start and run fine. i checked the voltage on the battery and its fine but as soon as i turn the car off (even after driving for a long time) it wont start again unless jumped. Could it just be a bad battery?
Even though the battery is showing 12 volts, you could have a bad cell. In that case, the battery does not have enough power to turn the engine over. In order to find out if it is a bad cell, the battery must be put under a load, and not just checked with a multimeter. Most of the auto parts supply stores will be happy to do the test for you without charge. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. The battery had a bad cell, but i tried another battery and it doesnt work either...it might have a bad cell too. I tried to jump it and it didn't work either. I am getting a new battery today regardless...
When I had jumpers on the car I jumped the solenoid and it started...so im still not sure what it is. At least i know its not the alternator (i tested that when i got it running), i guess that means the starter motor and solenoid is working too and the engine runs fine. To me it seems like something is wrong with some wiring or connections. i Checked all fuses and they are fine....im so confused...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
btw when i turn the key in the ignition i just hear one click. I guess it could still be an internal connection in the solenoid that is broken. once i get the battery and if it doesn't start i will jump start the starter again and get it driven to a mechanic. Good thing my licence is suspended for 3 months so i cant drive it anyways lol (btw no it didnt get it suspended for a DUI...everyone asks that)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel stupid i got the new battery and it works. Thanks for the help. It still doesnt make sence to me why a jump start wouldnt work with a bad battery. Arent you basically using the power from the other cars battery to start your vehicle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.