Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smilielol5: any one watching the World Cup?

of course im going for mexico :) but also cheering on Purtugal and USA teams :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Oh ya!!!!!!!!! Viva Portugal :D :D :D

Does anyone in America put up flags on their car or houses to support their home country? When I was there on Tuesday not ONE American car had a car flag on it. Here, the flags are everywhere. We've got Portugal flags, jerseys, scarfs, etc, EVERYWHERE :D :D :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Oh ya!!!!!!!!! Viva Portugal :D :D :D

Does anyone in America put up flags on their car or houses to support their home country? When I was there on Tuesday not ONE American car had a car flag on it. Here, the flags are everywhere. We've got Portugal flags, jerseys, scarfs, etc, EVERYWHERE :D :D :D
lol americans aren't THAT patriotic lol
i haven't seen an american flag on a car or outside a house that didn't already have one since 9-11.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Americans hate soccer. And if you watched the game the other day, you'd say soccer hates Americans too.

There are fans, I've watched many of the games myself. But for the most part ppl here are ignoring it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ahhhh americans do hate soccer i swear im the only person watching the cup here... im going for algeria (first world cup appearance since the 80's:D) but my back up team has always been mexico lol :D

and i heard that they are investigating that call in the USA vs Slovenia game i didnt see it what was the call even about?

·
Registered
354 Posts
ahhhh americans do hate soccer i swear im the only person watching the cup here... im going for algeria (first world cup appearance since the 80's:D) but my back up team has always been mexico lol :D

and i heard that they are investigating that call in the USA vs Slovenia game i didnt see it what was the call even about?
The ref called the USA player offsides and therefore did NOT count goal 3...which is bull but we tied anyways. And yes, most Americans are ignoring the world cup but what're you gonna do. People who care watch it, those who don't simply just don't. Sometimes entertaining though, besides the stupid vuvuzelas....ugh

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
When I'm at work, we change the channel. Usually it is playing a news channel but we switch it to the games. Customer's love it. There isn't any sound (which I think is best, I hate those horns that are constantly ringing in the background).

It's nice to see so many different flags flying around here. I bought a new flag pole for our Canadian flag when we were down in P.A. I have the Canada and Portugal flag flying high :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

YES ANOTHER MEXICO SApporter :D

and ilovemyversa, in my neighborhood there are alot of mexico flags on cars :) its a beautiful thing :yesnod:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Lol. We have a mixture here in Hamilton. Generally though in Hamilton there are ALOT of Portuguese and Italian people. Downtown Hamilton gets crazy when a game is on.
Lately though I have seen a huge mixture of flags. It's nice to see.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I am very happy that the Brazil vs. Portugal game is over. I was able to watch it at work (no sound on the monitor) but it was still nice to see; and customer's love being able to watch it.

I am glad they both tied, and advanced to the next round. I was really nervous about the game today :) If I wasn't working I would have driven down James St to celebrate and taken some pics. The world cup frenzy is insane here!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Portugal vs. Spain game is today :eek:

I will be at work during the game, we'll have the monitor showing the game but I'm definitely nervous about it ...

Viva Portugal

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Today completely sucked ...

After two people nearly smashed into my car, Portugal loses :(
But I'm not taking down my flags. I'm still proud to be Portuguese.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts