Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw this stuff at Super Walmart today, it's a wrap that's an imitation carbon fiber. Can be used on the interior and exterior of your automobile. It comes in Textured, Phantom and Flame collection.

Designer Custom Car Wraps | Meguiar's Wraptivo

Example on the Honda CR-Z

and on the Chevy Cruze

This is from their website:
Q: How long will a designer car wrap last?

A: Full car wraps should last up to 3 years though it can be changed more frequently to give your car a fresh new look whenever you want. Wraptivo takes far less time to complete than a full paint job and is easily removable, thus, making it simple to continually change styles.

Q: Can Wraptivo affect my current paint job?

A: If an owner or installer applies Wraptivo correctly and on to a clean FACTORY CURED surface, then it should not affect the paint of your vehicle. In fact, Wraptivo designer car wraps by Meguiar's can actually protect your car from environmental and UV damage. We do recommend that Wraptivo only be applied to cars with factory paint which have been cured to stringent standards. Wraptivo is not recommended for aftermarket painted surfaces.

Q: How much will they cost?

A: Prices for the Wraptivo Universal retail packs vary with size. The smallest pack retails for about $50 while the medium size pack is about $80 and the large body panel pack is about $160. For full car wraps it will all vary depending on the car and the going rate of a certain installer. It’s just like getting a paint or detail job. The average price of a full car wrap usually ranges from $2500-$6000 but again pricing varies pending on the installer.

For more info...

Wraptivo Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ

·
Registered
656 Posts
looks awesome, id get some if i saw it around here haha

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks very nice, but that is awfully expensive for a full car wrap only to last up to 3 years. I'd probably do my hood, and the interior.

By the way, is the a type that has adhesive on the back to apply or do you need glue?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
My guess is that it'd be adhesive backed. I've been thinking for awhile of doing my roof in black or carbon fiber. Maybe plasti dipping it would look cool.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Never thought of plasti dip! Genius!
Haha. When I did my rims somebody mentions how much it would take to do a whole body panel. There are people that do their entire cars with it though.

Check this out:

Skip to the last couple minutes for final results.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I actually saw that video already not too long ago. And yeah this wrap stuff has been around for a while. Plus it can be found for much cheaper!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got some similar stuff for my motorcycle and it was peeling within 3 months. Although, I am thinking maybe on the car might not be so bad. I'd like to do a single racing stripe. Gotta get some good pics of the Versa and photoshop to see if my design would work!

Mary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.