Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The first mod I made to my versa when I bought it 2 months ago was a new stereo. I installed a new Kenwood receiver and a pair of polk speakers. They sound good but are missing some low end. I listen to mostly rock/punk/ska and I don't really care for big booming bass. I also don't care for the sound of having a sub all the way in the trunk.

A friend of mine had this spare under seat "subwoofer" from a WRX. It's all self contained. Amp, 6.5" speaker and enclosure all in one. It's also very small, roughly 2x8x10. It's only 80 watts max and in a WRX runs off of the stereo harness, no need for running additional power. The amp also has adjustable gain and crossover.

It was really easy to wire up, the pinout is available all over the internet. It runs off of speaker level inputs, other than that just power and ground. I wired the wrx sub harness into the Kenwood and it's the perfect length to reach under the seat.

As for the sound, it really filled in what I considered was missing. It's not gonna rattle the windows but it has filled in the low end and adds a little more punch. I'm happy with it.

I know people are always looking for simple inexpensive ways to mod their car so I thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I've often considered making an under seat box to replace my current setup. Thi would probably be easier.. haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had thought about making my own as well. I took measurements and even mocked up an enclosure in cardboard. There isnt enough space down there for a "real" sub. There are a few aftermarket systems that are very similar but theyre more expensive Ive had this installed for 2 weeks now and Im very satisfied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.