Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front right coil spring literally blew out today while leaving my driveway, the spring snapped near the bottom and blew off the strut and went straight into my tire! Ugh, I know it is a long shot but I am posting around hoping someone in Southern Ontario (Anywhere from Oshawa to London) has a set of springs. OEM or aftermarket for sale at a reasonable price, I called all the usual places (car quest, napa, canadian tire, part source etc) and no luck. The dealer wants almost $200 for one, and I can get a set of 4 Tanabe or Tein springs for that price online.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Damn another snapped coil. I'm just waiting for this to happen to me. Few people have posted here and on facebook that they had some so hopefully someone chimes in and gives you a good deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up buying a set of OEMs off someone on Kijiji for $70 this morning who replaced his with Eibachs at a few thousand KMs but still had them around. Here's hoping they don't snap!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hopefully these are being reported to NTHSA!!!!

This concerns me if it happens on the interstate. I have seen enough of these reports so NHTSH should be making Nissan address these failures rather than ignoring them and placing people at risk.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 54400 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Francesco
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing