Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 s plus sedan. Has the boring basic cluster the base models have. Bought a used note with the 3 rings cluster (not the kind the sedan SV has). Its for 2015 to 2018 wiring harness. I plug it up and upon immediate plug in a fuse blown. When I plugged it nothing worked. No lights or digital mileage or even gas hand gauge worked. The rpm did have a rev and I rolled to see if the speedo would come move. So outside of rpm and speedo working nothing else does. Does anyone have a pinout or does the actual sv sedan cluster from the same year like my S plus plug in play? I do know the notes are different than sedans not sure how much different wire wise. Any help is appreciated if anyone has tried. Below is the cluster I'm trying to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Too good to be true for a different style cluster to be direct plug-n-play, even if the connectors fit.

Wish I had a pinout to share. That might take a mechanic with a subscription service for the detail you need.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Note is wired differently from the sedan.
You will have to do some very extensive wiring to get a Note cluster to work in a sedan... and it still may not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well put old cluster back in now I got no turn signals no illumination lights when dark and a check engine light on. Checked all fuses none look blown or split. I'm stumped. Turn signals work outside of car just not on my cluster.

·
Registered
226 Posts
With the thickness of some of the wires I'm sure you burned through them even before a fuse could blow.

Get the meter out and go wire by wire to find out were you have an open or opens.

Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The CAN-H and CAN-L lines and what they communicate with were possibly damaged when you put the other cluster in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would another cluster of the same cluster fix the problem? It still drives and runs fine just no light on the display or turn signals. Everything else works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts