Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Looking slick AusTiida!

I'm already liking the site much greater, and thanks for making the template wider. We ought to advertise our site more and get the word out.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Its hard to get people over here interested as the Tiida was poorly marketed and aimed at women, or old people, and modding it is very very expensive as there is little to no aftermarket parts available for it here.

I have ordered stickers and the like, and if I happen to catch the eye of a fellow driver that's under 60 years old, I do tell them about us :)

Anything on the web takes time to build my friend, you have to learn to be patient young padawun :p

"Build it, and they will come."

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Its hard to get people over here interested as the Tiida was poorly marketed and aimed at women, or old people, and modding it is very very expensive as there is little to no aftermarket parts available for it here.

I have ordered stickers and the like, and if I happen to catch the eye of a fellow driver that's under 60 years old, I do tell them about us :)

Anything on the web takes time to build my friend, you have to learn to be patient young padawun :p

"Build it, and they will come."
I agree, people will come but it seems like we're inviting them instead of them coming over.

There's quite a few Versas I see around here now, but they're mostly stock and look like arse. I wish I could like make them notice how my car stands out compared to the pack.

To be honest, I'd rather post here than going over to the 'other' Versa site. Only reason is because the lack of activity.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You'll be surprised by how few people will want to be active on a forum. Many are scared to chat, post pics or share dreams or opinions due to the ease of getting flamed by the higher percentage of forum tolling tools that frequent the net.

We just need to wait and build up our member base. I'll be working on tutorials soon, but it won't necessarily mean we'll get more active members, but hopefully it'll bring a face and some warmth per se to the forums.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
You'll be surprised by how few people will want to be active on a forum. Many are scared to chat, post pics or share dreams or opinions due to the ease of getting flamed by the higher percentage of forum tolling tools that frequent the net.

We just need to wait and build up our member base. I'll be working on tutorials soon, but it won't necessarily mean we'll get more active members, but hopefully it'll bring a face and some warmth per se to the forums.
They're probably scared because they're not sure what they want out of the car. Usually they think it's not necessary to upgrade, aftermarket products only used for sports cars. Another reason, some members think it's a California thing and they're not interested in bringing the culture where it would be frowned because of it clashing.

Tutorials, youtube videos, anything like that helps bring in traffic. It would be nice if more local clubs started out at this site and grow into their own club, sort of like a family tree.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Cheers mate,

Added the 'funkiest' shot I could for the banner size :)

I'm loving the 'top secret' look to the banner shots. Hope everyone else is :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looking slick AusTiida!

I'm already liking the site much greater, and thanks for making the template wider. We ought to advertise our site more and get the word out.
I track the socalversa website stats and since I've done a cardomain page I've posted this site on it as one of the places for Versa info and we are already getting hits on the socal site from it.....so I'm sure you guys are getting some hits from my cardomain page also.....even the versaspeed site is pointing a number of hits a day to the socal site.....hey I'm trying! :auto:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
is there any way to make the banner bigger? its all cut off.... thanks for posting my pic!
The banner height is set, so all the images are 'cut off' per se. To make it so that the images aren't cut, you'd need a banner that takes up half the screen!

We've gone for a stylized banner, so if you want to see more of your car, take a photo from a distance with a clean background (like against a nice blank wall)

If the pic of you car fits the entirety of the photo, that's all we'll get in the banner image.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts