Nissan Versa Forums banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

· Registered
746 Posts
If you want a car with manual, buy a car with manual.

If you want to learn to drive a manual, find/buy an old car with manual and get/bribe somebody who could give you a few lessons how do drive it, so that you learn a good habits right from the beginning. So that you will not ride a clutch, or will not hold a car at stop on incline with the clutch, etc.

· Registered
556 Posts
Is it possible to swap the 2008 versa cvt to a same year manual? I wanna hear your thoughts and if I should spend my money on this versa or just buy a whole different car
doable? Yes
Worth it? No

It's not just a matter of swapping the transmission, you would have to swap ECM (requires later nissan reprogramming at dealership if you want to start the car), IPDM, gear stick, and involves major rewiring of the car and adding the clutch pedal.
Even if you do it, there could be likely many details that could go wrong ending in a big headache.

Just buy a car with manual.

· Registered
23 Posts
Is it possible to swap the 2008 versa cvt to a same year manual? I wanna hear your thoughts and if I should spend my money on this versa or just buy a whole different car
Holy necropost, Batman. Lol.

If you have to ask, an engine swap is over your head. That is not some simple job like tying your shoes or changing a tire, it gets casually tossed around in threads too much these days.

You are better off starting with a car that was manual from the factory, as others have already stated. Yes it's possible to manual swap an automatic model, but is it fiscally practical? No.

This belongs in the same bin as CVT owners asking how to make their car "fast"...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

101 - 106 of 106 Posts